• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.bugasalt.com/

Or Amazon.
Our son's friends have a couple (apparently they sting).

If you are getting socks, I highly recommend Darn Tuff socks. They are guaranteed for life. If they wear out you send them back and they replace them for free! I have never had a pedicure, but in my mind, when I put them on it is like putting on a foot rub, combined with a pedicure... They are expensive, so I buy mine from Santa Claus and the Father's Day Angels...

Thank you so much. I'll get that one. As long as I don't get shot, I don't care if they sting.

I'll look into the socks too. He found some Cabelus socks he likes. They have to be not too long, not too short, not too thick... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.
FH my brother in law has one. Load it up and he has a ball with it. And they do work.

Faster horses said:
Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?
Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.

TexasBred said:
Faster horses said:
Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?
Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.

Oh good. I picked one up for him at the Sports store here in town. Hid it well til his birthday, July 4th!!
I don't think he even knows these exist. What fun to get an old geezer who has everything....a surprise!! :D
Thank you all for your help!

I was going to report back--it was a HIT!! in more ways than one!! :D

Our 23 (almost 24) year old grandson was here and he was deadly with it! Grandpa was good with it too! Everyone had a LOT of fun with it! Even killed a couple of millers....I hate millers. Grandson warned us not to try killing wasps with it, because it will just tick them off!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mr. FH didn't even know they existed!! So it was a great surprise.

Would I recommend it? YES!!! Great fun!

Thanks for all your help here on ranchers. I told everyone how I came to purchase it. And TexasBred, you were right,
laser sight was not necessary. It spread salt as you said, like a shotgun. One guy who was here for Mr. FH birthday, is bald
and he had to move because they were shooting over him and the salt kept falling on his head. (or so he said.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
I was going to report back--it was a HIT!! in more ways than one!! :D

Our 23 (almost 24) year old grandson was here and he was deadly with it! Grandpa was good with it too! Everyone had a LOT of fun with it! Even killed a couple of millers....I hate millers. Grandson warned us not to try killing wasps with it, because it will just tick them off!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mr. FH didn't even know they existed!! So it was a great surprise.

Would I recommend it? YES!!! Great fun!

Thanks for all your help here on ranchers. I told everyone how I came to purchase it. And TexasBred, you were right,
laser sight was not necessary. It spread salt as you said, like a shotgun. One guy who was here for Mr. FH birthday, is bald
and he had to move because they were shooting over him and the salt kept falling on his head. (or so he said.) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad to know everyone is enjoying it. Now you have a very inexpensive way to keep Mr. FH occupied and out of your hair when you're working on a project. :nod: :wink:

Be careful, there's a dangerous joke lying around in that sentence!

But yeah, I'll give kosher salt a try, I'm enjoying the hell out of my salt gun, and the house cat loves to find salted snacks all over the house.

Latest posts