• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Woohoo!!!!! (buying dirtbike)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Judith said:
Ultralites are little tiny airplanes. Usually you build them in your garage. Sooo much fun. They are light weight so no flying in heavy wind but what a hoot! Really quiet ! They make you walk huh. Sounds like child slave labor to me. LOL!!!!

Tell that to day-the younger people on their spry legs can walk cauase the older people havwe seniority. lol.

Angus,the mother in me says DON'T get one....but if you really,really want one...PLEASE be careful and make sure you know what your doing when you get on it! Greg and his brother were married and in thier twenties when they had bikes,....they rode like idiots and Greg was right they were lucky they didn't get more hurt then they did :?

The yamaha is a good bike, I still have the IT 175 that I bought back in 1980, needs some carb work but still runs.

2 things to have before you ride is the full face motocross style helmet and boots for the feet.

Don't know if they still have that cross bar on the handlebars but I hit that so hard one time that I bent a V in it. If I hadn't been wearing that full face helmet that bar probably would have went half way through my head.(and they had a foam pad on it :shock: )

I used to ride with sneakers or sometimes barefoot, but one day I was checking the cows and going hell bent across a empty pasture when I kicked up a electric fence wire. It looped over both my feet and then wrapped up tight in the rear tire. It pulled that wire so tight that it pulled me up on the gas tank, if I hadn't been wearing my boots that day I know it would have cut my feet off. I don't think I have worn anything but boots since that day.

One main thing to remember is that you should always assume the gate is CLOSED!!!

A friend and I were riding one day and his father drove by and saw the gate was open so he closed it. My friends bike was faster so he was way out front, at the last second he saw the gate was shut and layed the bike down and slid under the gate just catching the bottom barbwire with his arm sliceing it up real good. might have taken his head off if he had hit it straight on.

other than that have fun!! :twisted: 8) I always used mine to move cows, worked good when we had to move them next to a planted field cause I could drive down the rows and keep them pushed out without doing a lot of damage to the crop.

They can be dangerous, even when you're being careful. :nod:

My dad had one back right after we got married, and I was riding the 4 wheeler, and Hubby was riding the Yamaha. We crossed the cement crossing on the creek, and it had that green slimey moss on it. I made it fine on my ride, but Hubby's motorbike went out from under him, and they both skidded across the crossing. He wasn't hurt, the bike wasn't hurt, but both could have been real easily.

Ya gotta be careful on them.............

HINT, HINT, ACS..................... :?

So on my list to buy yet is a full faced helmet, and a pair of motocross boots. any others??

Yes I know Ranchy. You yold me 5435789234597623490586123489725919872349861023496812357801345623478562348975612908563490785634789285623478956234789562347895623478956123478561098741690 times already today. lol

Have a good one all

Race motocross with your bike and work cows with a horse, I have seen plenty peaple make cattle wild runnin around on four wheelers and bikes. I wont allow around our cattle. JMO.

ACS I'd go roof daddy on you all day long you know it-by the way I'm 4-2 against Humboldt if I remember right-we even spanked them 5-0 in your own barn back when Ty was in PeeWee lol. But dream big young fella lol.

If I remember correctly, you havent ever played me before,a dn ive seen your boys play-I have two advantages-I saw how you play and know your weaknesses and two, I am simply just better. lol. Well just hafta wait and see. lol.

Latest posts