• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WOOO HOOOO

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saw that...Didn't catch the breeding as I wasn't paying any attention until I heard they were over $200,000...Stevenson Basin and a conglomerate bought him.....

This brings something up to mind...Apparently the AAA or someone has now developed a genetic test that will identify the dwarf gene which is in some bloodlines...Rumors are running rampant about which top bulls have been tested- and that at least one of the high used top priced AI angus bulls has tested positive.....

Being the pessimist I am- If I paid $263,000 for a bull- the next week he would test positive for the gene and be worth $800 worth of hamburger....

I am not absolutley sure but I think that it was a Midland x 1407 bull. The sale was from Express Ranches in Yukon Ok.

The auctioneer did a poor job of announcing his pedigree. I think he was sired by 1407 out of a Midland X 6I6 cow not sure though.

We have a breeder up here that has sold many bulls for that 200K plus figure. The buyer only pays $5000 and the rest is taken from semen sales if they ever occur.

With Express involved, there is a deal somewhere involved.

Jason said:
We have a breeder up here that has sold many bulls for that 200K plus figure. The buyer only pays $5000 and the rest is taken from semen sales if they ever occur.

With Express involved, there is a deal somewhere involved.

With Stevenson/Basin involved I am sure it's made up after a business deal with those notnice I have figured their crookeder than the Missouri River.

Yes I saw that bull sell yesterday at noon,good lookin bull & the right color,alll I can say is it must be nice, I complain about buyin $3500 bulls..............good luck

Denny: FWW From what I hear here the local Chi-Angus breeders here have been busy buying up embryos from Stevenson-Basin so they will have more registered Angus to multiply.

The bull that brought $263.000 wasn't even one that Express had prettied up to show.

Latest posts