• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

working pic's of some of our kelpies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jerry H

Reaction score
hey ya'll i have been busy and have not spent much time here on ranchers but here i am
these are some recent pic's of some day's around here with my favorite help
enjoy
jerry
DSCN0006-3.jpg

DSCN0009-2.jpg

DSCN0011-2.jpg

DSCN0017-2.jpg

DSCN0018-2.jpg

DSCN0022-2.jpg

DSCN0023-2.jpg

DSCN0027-3.jpg

DSCN0048-2.jpg

DSCN0354-2.jpg

DSCN0358-2.jpg

DSCN0393-2.jpg

DSCN0396-2.jpg

DSCN0402-3.jpg

DSCN0404-2.jpg

Boy that looks like tough country to raise cattle. And the cattle don't look that friendly either. Looks like your dogs got a pretty good workout. I bet they enjoy every second of it. Looks like they back one another up when one is pressured by an ornery cow. Neat pics.

Jerry H said:

In the (?) 60's through 70's and (?)
There were a Set Of Old Sisters on the "Henry Coe Ranch" out-of San Jose that had GOOD Kelpies _ They gave me a fine Puppy that looked like the center one above _ and went missing when the "Prune Pickers" in the orchard next door had a Party ( Kelpie Tacos) (?)

Good Dogs

thank ya'll
yes my dogs do back each other up up in a fight with a tough cow
and most of them are tough as this country is full of predators and they are range cows that don't get handled very much

bmr
yes i put tri tronics collars on them i don't use them much but when i say stop i mean now so i use them as a back up for when things get out of hand or if i need to throw some cattle up in a corner and sort some off i can keep them down holding the herd while i sort and drive out strays or what ever
i think of the collars like the bridle on a good horse i try not to get into it much but if i have to i will pull on one
until later
jerry

Your dogs look like good working dogs.

My dogs see mostly pairs, so I usually work two or three dogs at a time. It's alot easier than letting one dog get it's butt worn out. Its nice to have a pack of dogs that will work together and also go work on something by themselves while the others take care of business in another area.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting Jerry H. Great action pics. I like seeing good dogs work. Problem is, we rarely see ones that anyone's spent any time developing. We've often thought about it ourselves, but I just need to decide, then make the time for a good pup and git-r-done.

thankyou sicem reds
it is nice to have a set of dogs that will work togather
and around here they have to be able to make hand on their own before they get to work with a group on big bunches
until later
jerry

thanks purecountry
you are right about folks not spending not spending time training their dogs
they just expect them to do what they ask of them

i have not been spending any time training the past year and it shows
but i use mine most everyday so they stay pretty sharp but i don't have many young dogs coming up and some of my older dogs are slowing down some so i geuss i better get busy and make some time for some pups also
it does take time and dedication to train one to really work right
not to mention a good pup to start with
we will have a litter here any day and i plan on keeping some of them to be replacemants and some to sell as started dogs also
so i won't run out of dogs to use
until later
jerry

We are between working dogs right now and I miss the help. Our border collie is 18 years old this year and has outlived several working mates and his usefulness as well. It really takes dedication to make a good dog and it seems you have put the effort in. My problem is that you need to be smarter than the dog to train it. :? :lol:

Latest posts