• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

working systems

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Two things....

How did you all draw those systems up??????

The other thread was originally in response to a smaller deal on rented pasture, I think a wide open deal would be very interesting, so please post ideas,

I will say there's a ton of different layouts that work well,

PPRM

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
I used the standard "Paint" program that comes on computers.

Start
Accessories
Paint

then play with the lines and stuff till ya find the one that works , it helps if you have a child between the ages of 10 and 19 around to show ya how lol
I know half the stuff I'm capable of doin on the computer is because I asked my kids for help.

Jinglebob

Reaction score
PPRM said:
I did drawing, how do you paste it????

PPRM

Highlight what you drew and hit "copy" under the edit bar on your computer. You might not even have to highlight it, just hit "copy". Then go to this site and go to a posting like you were going to write something down. Make sure you have a line in the box where you would type and go up to edit and hit "paste". Hope this works for you.

PPRM

Reaction score
Make sure you have a line, maybe that's the problem, how do you get a line in the message box???

PPRM[/u]

Jinglebob

Reaction score
Put your mouse indicator? into the line and click your mouse button. You know, the little line that shows up on the screen, where your mouse pointer is? I don't know what to call it or explain it any better. Hope I am making this clearer than mud! :???: Mine is blinking, at the end of the line where I just wrote this.

PPRM

Reaction score
Hmm,

I do that and it doesn't highlight the paste option. I see my HTML option is off, Maybe that is part of it??????? I was able to paste this onto microsoft word..

LOL, I gotta feeling this little simple portable deal is going to be anti-climatic, LOL,

PPRM

Jinglebob

Reaction score
By tommorow morning maybe someomne smarter than me will read this thread and can explain it better an figure out how to do it, good luck and good night! :)

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Do you have an account with photobucket? after finishin my drawing I went to
file
save as
made sure it was in My Documents and as a jpg file
then I uploaded it to photobucket just like you would a photo.

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
PPRM said:
Two things....

How did you all draw those systems up??????
The other thread was originally in response to a smaller deal on rented pasture, I think a wide open deal would be very interesting, so please post ideas,

I will say there's a ton of different layouts that work well,

PPRM

Like Lilly said ,you do it in paint,then up load it to photo bucket,I dont think there is another way?
That would be a topic for a good post "PEN DESIGN'' if we could get some folks in the paint program doing a lil drawing, then post em here,there would be lots of good ideas........................good luck ps you could e mail your drawing or photo's and I will post em for you.

PPRM

Reaction score
Thanks Haymaker,

I am a littlle tired, but going to finish up getting Photobuckett deal later. I have a pretty darn good looking grey gelding I want to show. I also want to take some pictures of some Blue Roan Cows and Calves I have on my fall "stubble" It is subirrigated and still pretty green feed.

Those cows go back to a cow I still have that raises really good calves and has as good of an udder as they make. I think she must be pushing 12 now, but I don't see how as I am not that old, LOL,

PPRM

Cal

Reaction score
We usually move a bunch of cows into the same pasture as the corrals and feed out a few bales going through the pens and out a gate on the far side of the corrals a couple days (sometimes 1) before working. When it's time to round 'em up they haul butt to and through the corral thinking the gate will still be open, and you got 'em with little effort. If it works out, having them get used to coming into the corral to the mineral feeder, with a gate on the far side always open, makes it easy to get them in as well.

This is probably way too elementary to post, but sometimes its the simple things that make working easier. Alot of different setups can work well, but I've seen crews that can make no set-up work well, with a bunch of cows expecting hollering and beatings in the pens. I've often thought that sale barn owners should send out customer satisfaction surveys, maybe ranking on a scale of 1 to 5, asking if their cattle were riled up, hollered at, and whipped and beaten enough to the owners satisfaction.

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
pens3.gif

still can't get the size right at "paint"program,guess I will have to take lessons from Lilly....................good luck

Jinglebob

Reaction score
Cal said:
I've often thought that sale barn owners should send out customer satisfaction surveys, maybe ranking on a scale of 1 to 5, asking if their cattle were riled up, hollered at, and whipped and beaten enough to the owners satisfaction.

Whe n I worked at a salebarn, I was always amazed at the people who worked there and were from ranches and still couldn't "read" cattle! Everyone makes mistakes when working cattle, but some people do it with a fine consistency! :lol:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
We always appreciated St. Onge Auction Barn. They work the cattle even in the sale ring on horseback. No whips going everywhere. The horse knows the routine so well, he puts the cattle out, and turns and goes back to where he stands until the next batch need put out.

Don't know if that is still how they do it, but at one time it was the best!!
No dust!!

That is how we try to work cattle, ALWAYS. NO DUST!

Charlie1948

Reaction score
Need some drawings we have auto cad to lay systems out .When you finally find one that works let me know.E mail me and let me know what you need.We have free freight to any where in the USA and Canada on most orders.
Thanks Charlie
[email protected]
www.midamericalivestockequipment.com

PPRM

Reaction score
Charlie,

I think every equipment manufacturer offers this free drawing from the factory, it does help clear up the confusion of necessary connectors and how things fit.

Your free shipping reminds me of a claim Preifert was making. Steel went up and they had a retail Price sheet the dealers went off of. They said, "We're the only manufacturer that hasn't raised their prices during this period with steel going up." Hell no they hadn't, but their Steel Surcharge was keeping pace with everyones price increases, LOL.

Freight is in there somewhere, be it a line item expense or hidden into the price..... But it sounds good, Free Shipping, LOL,

PPRM

Latest posts