• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"World Trade Center"--review of the movie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the chief

Reaction score
http://www.suntimes.com/cgi-bin/pri...suntimes.com/output/movies/cst-ftr-wtc09.html

It takes heart of Stone to relive 9/11
August 9, 2006
BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities. ... I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

Hatemonger Ann Coulter's assessment of some of the widows of 9/11 victims.

It would be my great pleasure to arrange for a screening of Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center" for Ann Coulter and some of the families whose loved ones were killed or seriously injured on 9/11. It could take place in New York, New Jersey, any place, any time, all expenses on me. All I ask is, after the screening is over and the lights go up, that Coulter should stand and face these families and explain to them why she believes they experienced anything but the most profound emotional pain on that day and on all the days that have followed.

Of course, Coulter will never go for something like that. That would take character and humanity, and she's an unconscionable pig.

However, a number of conservatives whose hearts aren't rotted black have seen advance screenings of "World Trade Center," and from conservative watchdog Brent Bozell to longtime right-wing columnist Cal Thomas, they are singing its praises. Oliver Stone has created one of the most patriotic, pro-American films in recent years -- a movie that avoids Bush bashing and doesn't offer so much of a whisper of a conspiracy theory. It's not about politics -- it's about family, friendship and heroes who love their country.

John Wayne would have loved this film.

Someone conveniently leaves some facts out of the story.

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands' death so much." AC
She was not condemning all widows, only a handful that politicized their husbands death. A fraction of a percent I might add. Hardly make a condemnation of widows, only a few with other agenda. Kind of like saying when a cop turns bad and no one can conden him because you would be accused of attacking all cops.

Another quote of hers "They were cutting commercials for Kerry. They were using their grief to make a political point while preventing anyone from responding."
And that my friend is what you are doing. AC had you pegged.

Passing thru wrote:
And that my friend is what you are doing. AC had you pegged.
If you are attributing that remark to me, you are mistaken. I MERELY copied this column from the Sun Times. ALL OF THAT POST IS A COLUMN WRITTEN BY MR. ROEPER. IT IS HIS OPINION. Perhaps some people will see their OWN faults in here and see how criminal it is to generalize about people.

But I guess if those widows had an opinion that disagrees with Ann's, then they MUST be wrong. :roll:

You are right about you not writing this story. I choose not to perpetuate this biased drivel.

These widows are not necesarily wrong, just politicaly motivated in their condemnation...........which has to be weighed.

You are right about you not writing this story. I choose not to perpetuate this biased drivel.

These widows are not necesarily wrong, just politicaly motivated in their condemnation...........which has to be weighed.

Biased drivel? Politically motivated?

Man, it sounds like you are describing Rush or Ann. :shock:

Could also be describring Roeper.. Not exactly known for being unbiased when it comes to politics Chief... Of course I am biased against Roeper in general with him being a White Sox fan :wink: ACtually, I haven't read his stuff for about 10 years now, since I stopped working at CBOT.

From what has been said by all parties reviewing this movie they are saying it will be THE defining movie about 9/11 and since it deals mostly with the events after the impacts on the buildings that day (rescue efforts) it isn't very open to political nit picking (And we know how much Stone loves a good consiparcy movie :) :) :lol:

Everyone, be they Anne coulter/ Roeper or Jimmy the Greek, is intitled to an opnion and the repercussions of their opinions, be they social shunniing, political/career suicide or public adulation. Me, I tend to watch movies only on Directtv so I don't worry too much about movie reviews, after all, they all loved a few movies that were absolute drivel in my opinion.

Passing says that Ann only picked out a couple widows to blast and doesn't generalize when making a comment. I think he (and she) are dead wrong. For example, Anne writes:

let's pause for a moment to observe that two facts are now universally accepted: Liberals are godless and Hillary's husband is a rapist.

Sorry ANN and PT, this is an absolute falsehood. I find my liberal neighbors to often be better Christians than my conservative friends. Not always, just sometimes. And Bill Clinton is NOT a rapist. He's a sex maniac, but not a rapist.

What's the matter chief, can't defend your claim about the WIDOWS so you make a uturn. Oh and please show me where I sai AC doesn't generalize.

Oh and it is nice to see you can make some claims based on what you see but AC can't. There were women that would beg to differ on your claim that slick willy was not a rapist.

Maybe so, but I think AC is politically motivated too, don't you? :lol:

Nice way to avert the original accusation that you made.............personally attack AC.

And here all along I have been told conservatives are the one that resort to personal attacks.

PT wroter: Nice way to avert the original accusation that you made.............personally attack AC.

And here all along I have been told conservatives are the one that resort to personal attacks.

What exactly is my ORIGINAL accusation. I copied a piece from the Chicago Sun Times and you accuse me of writing it. Take a pill, PT. You are reacting much too personally to that story. Sorry to rattle your cage. :roll:

Latest posts