• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Worried Dems pressing Obama on gas prices

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hay Exchange

Bale Type Average Price - FOB Montana
Small Square Bales (No Alfalfa) $6.58 each
Small Square Bales (Contains Alfalfa) 8.53 each
Big Rounds (all types) $72.04 per bale
Hay Per Ton (not Alfalfa) $139
Alfalfa Per Ton $210.00

Somebody is lying.....................................................

Mike said:
Hay Exchange

Bale Type Average Price - FOB Montana
Small Square Bales (No Alfalfa) $6.58 each
Small Square Bales (Contains Alfalfa) 8.53 each
Big Rounds (all types) $72.04 per bale
Hay Per Ton (not Alfalfa) $139
Alfalfa Per Ton $210.00

Somebody is lying.....................................................

Well you think whatever you want- but there were 200 people at that hay auction that saw it sell...A few neighbors had to buy hay this year because of losing their hayland to last years floods- and I don't think any paid much over $50 T.... One bought a bunch of year and two year old stuff for $40 T....I know of one fella that sells his every year to the same guy- but always keeps the price at $65 T-- no matter if the going price is higher or lower....They both like the agreement....

Those prices you list get inflated by the horse folks prices from the city areas like Billings ...But if you want to see actual producer prices closer to our area you need to look at SK prices....They, like us, had loads of moisture last year- and put up oodles of prairie hay...

Just across the border they are selling hay for even less than $50 Ton-- as one listing has 1500Lb bales for $25 a bale (last posting first page)..
http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/f-hay-for-sale-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZhayQ20forQ20sale

Hay keeps well in this country- and doesn't spoil like it does in the south...In fact one group of cows I'm feeding are getting as about a 1/3 of their ration some hay we put up 9 years ago.....

Kind of funny that people 2000 miles away think they know what hay is worth in Montana. BTW I sold some first cutting alfalfa last month for $65 a ton loaded out of the field.

Bullhauler said:
Kind of funny that people 2000 miles away think they know what hay is worth in Montana. BTW I sold some first cutting alfalfa last month for $65 a ton loaded out of the field.

The Montana Hay Exchange is in Montana, Einstein. :lol: :lol:

Billings, MT Fri Feb 24, 2012 USDA Market News

Weekly Montana Hay Report

Compared to last week: Hay prices mostly steady in a light test. Trade
activity light to moderate. Demand moderate to good with more liberal
tonnage being currently offered, mostly Good to Premium large rounds. All
prices are dollars per ton and FOB unless otherwise noted.

Alfalfa Hay: Premium to Supreme large squares 185.00-210.00, small
squares 150.00-175.00; Good to Premium large squares 150.00-160.00, large
rounds 95.00-110.00, small squares 125.00-150.00; Good to Fair large rounds
75.00-95.00.

Grass Hay: Good to Premium large squares 135.00-145.00, large rounds
85.00-95.00, small squares 125.00-155.00; Good to Fair large rounds 75.00-

Timothy Hay: Good small squares 150.00-180.00.

Mike said:
Bullhauler said:

Yeah and you are in Alabama dumfuk.

Bullhauler said:

We know that to be true because YOU say so!!!!!!! YOu that has no real identity, you who hides behind your screen,,you who makes 4 am hang up calls,, you who makes wild a$$ed claims ,never offering up real proof!!!!
Must be an oldtimer claim, You who pm.s with names and addresses of other posters,,,,You who who threatens others from behind you screen!!You have very little credibility, just one little bit above oldtimer!!!! YEP|we need to believe you!!!!!

Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:
I went to craigslist for his area. Looked to me the cheapest hay in his area is around a 100 dollars a ton.

Even at that I would think there wouldn't be much profit in that with fuel and equipment prices. Sure not enough to retire to AZ.

The only hay I know of being listed on the internet is dairy hay....The last hay auction up here in December- good quality tested grass/alfalfa hay sold for $28.50 a bale- with each bale guaranteed to weigh between 1100 and 1250- which figures out just over $50 a Ton .....And since that we've had no real winter yet to make it more in demand...

Which is the reason that some with lots of extra haystacks sitting around have been hauling in cows from down south drought areas - either purchased or feeding them for people on contracts...One fella I know brought up a bunch of Texas 6666 Ranch cattle to run for three years-- another a couple of weeks ago hauled in 9 semi loads from a Nebraska lot (not sure of original origen) to calve out this spring.....

I bought some straw I'm feeding now from a fellow that hasn't even fed any of his this years hay yet- still has enough year and two year old hay and straw he's trying to use up- and that cost me $15 bale (1250 lb bale)- or less than $30 Ton..... Pretty cheap feed when mixed with some good quality hay...

So oldtimer you and your 200 ((IMAGINARY) friends are right and the Montana hay exchange is wrong??

This must be like the other (non existent) web site that laughs at the rest of us??
Like the IMAGINARY harassment charges????
The no ammo shortage ??

Give it up oldtimer your lies keep coming back to haunt you with TRUTH and FACT, not fictional friends at the bar
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

another site that makes you a liar oldtimer!!!

http://www.hayexchange.com/mt.php

You keep digging yourself even deeper

Oldtimer said:
Hay keeps well in this country- and doesn't spoil like it does in the south...In fact one group of cows I'm feeding are getting as about a 1/3 of their ration some hay we put up 9 years ago.....

Losses are Affected by Moisture, Temperature, and Time

Most of the dry matter and quality losses that occur during storage are due to molds and bacteria that consume nutrients contained in the hay. These microorganisms generate heat that causes chemical reactions and additional nutrient loss. In extreme cases, the heat generated by molds and bacteria can result in fires, destroying the hay and the surrounding structures. Molds and bacteria grow and reproduce faster if the hay is warm and moist, and, of course, the more time they have to work, the more damage they can do.

In general, microorganism-caused losses are lower at lower temperature and moisture, and are lower for shorter storage periods. Since most hay is stored outdoors or in structures that are not heated or cooled, storage temperature follows outdoor temperature and is beyond your control. Hay harvested late in the season and consumed during the winter months is stored for a relatively short time at relatively low temperatures and should have minimal losses. Hay harvested early in the season and stored into winter will be subject to some warm temperatures before winter arrives and is likely to have greater losses. The greatest losses can be expected for hay that is stored through winter into the following spring and summer. Oklahoma State University publication #1716, Round Bale Storage, indicates you can expect losses after 12 to 18 months of storage to be twice as great as losses after nine months of storage.

Oldtimer just how much nutritional food value is actually in the hay you are feeding after 9 summers of moisture and heat taking it's effect on it? Around here I doubt you would beable to pick a bale up that is that old and I doubt you would be feeding it for it's food value. Bedding at best is all it would be good for is my guess.

If you are buying $50 per ton hay when the USDA is quoting hay for three times that much maybe you should be checking how old it is and if it has any food value left. :wink:

Bullhauler said:
Mike said:
Bullhauler said:

Yeah and you are in Alabama dumfuk.

Liberalism rears it's ugly head and reveals the true thoughts of the pseudo tolerant leftwingers

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Losses are Affected by Moisture, Temperature, and Time

Most of the dry matter and quality losses that occur during storage are due to molds and bacteria that consume nutrients contained in the hay. These microorganisms generate heat that causes chemical reactions and additional nutrient loss. In extreme cases, the heat generated by molds and bacteria can result in fires, destroying the hay and the surrounding structures. Molds and bacteria grow and reproduce faster if the hay is warm and moist, and, of course, the more time they have to work, the more damage they can do.

In general, microorganism-caused losses are lower at lower temperature and moisture, and are lower for shorter storage periods. Since most hay is stored outdoors or in structures that are not heated or cooled, storage temperature follows outdoor temperature and is beyond your control. Hay harvested late in the season and consumed during the winter months is stored for a relatively short time at relatively low temperatures and should have minimal losses. Hay harvested early in the season and stored into winter will be subject to some warm temperatures before winter arrives and is likely to have greater losses. The greatest losses can be expected for hay that is stored through winter into the following spring and summer. Oklahoma State University publication #1716, Round Bale Storage, indicates you can expect losses after 12 to 18 months of storage to be twice as great as losses after nine months of storage.

Oldtimer just how much nutritional food value is actually in the hay you are feeding after 9 summers of moisture and heat taking it's effect on it? Around here I doubt you would beable to pick a bale up that is that old and I doubt you would be feeding it for it's food value. Bedding at best is all it would be good for is my guess.

If you are buying $50 per ton hay when the USDA is quoting hay for three times that much maybe you should be checking how old it is and if it has any food value left. :wink:

Not sure how much food value there is Tam- as I fed up my share of that hay years ago and are feeding this out for the neighbor/partner who put it up with me- and who I'm feeding for while he works in the oil patch....Cows clean it up good- and altho the outer hay is pretty brown- the inside hay looks fair.... His cows look good- altho they are a herd that has evolved over the generations into some good survivor cows....

As far as why the USDA has those prices I don't know...That may be the average they are picking up around Billings and some of the populace areas....(I have no idea how they would even know what hay sells for when there isn't any reporting requirements on sales)...Some parts of the state didn't get the moisture we got last year so it may be more pricey there...Locals have long hauled horse quality hay to the horse crowd towns like Billings and made nice profits doing so...

But I do know its not close to the prices locally...-Why would we spend $100+ a Ton for Billings hay (290 miles away) when we can slip across the border (40 miles away) and finds loads of it for $50 Ton....

Or Tam are you saying all those folks on the Canadian website are all liars too- or just asking for $50T or best offer (obo) for their hay because they are good old boys trying to do a good deed for the world :???:

Anyone with a pea brain understands its because this area has more supply of hay than demand- and unless they want it sitting in their stack for years- are trying to sell it for whatever they can get...

And the smart cattlemen that understand a droughted out range doesn't immediately recover with the first drops of rain- shipped the cattle out to the hay instead of the other way around- the reason so many loads of cattle have came into the area...
But don't go telling ol Hoppy that- as it sounds like someone has a good racket set up selling him $250 Ton hay...
I wonder how much hay it would take to winter one of the big old British Whites- probably 10 ton or so :wink: :p :lol:

I'm just posting facts Oldtimer if you don't want to believe the USDA info so be it.

Oldtimner needs to do a craigs list search. NO $50.00 hat there either, Of course that would entail him doing some actual research instead of flapping his jaw muscles pretending he is telling the truth!!!!

He gets caught telling a lie, and then tells more to try and cover it up.

If there was really $50 hay the brokers from Tx, Az,NM would be snapping it up and selling for almost 3 times that,,, I know a couple of local brokers that would!!! :roll:

hopalong said:
Oldtimner needs to do a craigs list search. NO $50.00 hat there either, Of course that would entail him doing some actual research instead of flapping his jaw muscles pretending he is telling the truth!!!!

He gets caught telling a lie, and then tells more to try and cover it up.

If there was really $50 hay the brokers from Tx, Az,NM would be snapping it up and selling for almost 3 times that,,, I know a couple of local brokers that would!!! :roll:

Well Hoppy if you ever did anything besided stalk folks, leg bite, and yap and whine like a sick puppy on PB-- and could read and comprehend what you read you would know they are doing that too...

I posted on a thread some time ago that they were not only up here buying hay from a neighbor (who was trying to get $65T- not sure if he did)-- but that they had sent in crews and were rebaling the round bales into square bales for easier trucking...
The same thread had an article posted by someone showing where one of those rebaling crew workers had been killed over east of us while rebaling...

Tell those brokers to go 50 miles north- I'm sure those Canadians that are listing hay at $50 OBO would love to get theirs sold....Or are all those Canadians liars too- and just posting the ads because they have nothing better to do :???: :roll:

But a lot of folks seem to have decided they could do better keeping their excess hay and taking in those southern cattle to run for those folks with drought problems ...

Why go North oldtimer??? You claim that you have $50 a ton hay right there in good old Glasgow, or is that some more of your lies :roll: :roll:
As far as my YAPPING as you call it any worse than you bashing Bush all the time????
Yapping about your lies is far from stalking, it is just telling it like it is!! and when you get caught you whine and say other folks are stalking you, make false claims, lie, and then lie to cover up lies.

EH???? Seems like more than just me see through you and you false ness
EH??? does that make us ALL wrong!!!!!!??
As far as comprehension guess the USDA report went right over your head because all you did was fabricate another series of lies..
Must be he!! being you
:D

Latest posts