• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Would this be something you'd care to read?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Our used to be son-in-law is handicapped due to a kick in the head in 1988. Though unable to speak or walk, his cognitive thinking is fine. He has written some short stories about things that happened to him while cowboying that are very interesting and show quite a bit of humor. I have been toying with the idea of putting some of them here on ranchers.net from time to time. We have tried to get them published, with no luck. (Would you believe American Cowboy is not one bit interested~that blew me away, since he certainly was of all things an AMERICAN COWBOY.)

I have them in a folder and I don't want to retype them all, so if someone would tell me how to get them over here without retyping, I would like to start sharing them. I do believe you will enjoy them.

Faster horses said:
Our used to be son-in-law is handicapped due to a kick in the head in 1988. Though unable to speak or walk, his cognitive thinking is fine. He has written some short stories about things that happened to him while cowboying that are very interesting and show quite a bit of humor. I have been toying with the idea of putting some of them here on ranchers.net from time to time. We have tried to get them published, with no luck. (Would you believe American Cowboy is not one bit interested~that blew me away, since he certainly was of all things an AMERICAN COWBOY.)

I have them in a folder and I don't want to retype them all, so if someone would tell me how to get them over here without retyping, I would like to start sharing them. I do believe you will enjoy them.

I surely would be interested - do you knw anyone who can scan them for you?

Gotta' be someone out there who knows how.

B.C.

I'd enjoy readin them,try scanning them like broke cowboy said! Too bad about American Cowboy ,did you ever try Cowboys And Indians?Thats the magazine I prefer.I'm computer illiterate but bet Lily could help with that one.

Are they in a folder on your computer or his? If yours you can copy & paste. If his you can save to either cd or disk and upload them on yours and copy & paste LOL Yes I love copy & paste~its a great tool. Ther are ALOT of publishers who would be willing to read those works if you need a list let me know I have quite a few at work. I use to work in the media center at school for 6 years. So I have made a few contacts.

You might try Cowboy Magizine. Darrell Arnold is publisher/editor.

They specialize in stories from real cowboys. Jinglebob is a regular contributor.

Well... after his diet of prune juice granola bars, at lest he's regular. :wink: :wink:

Would love to read the stories, FH. Hopefully some of the publication suggestions here will help get them published for the world to enjoy.

Find a way to get them on here girl,you probably been looking for an excuse to get a scanner anyway :D :D as they are inexpensive

that way some one like Lilly can help you, then we can all enjoy :D :D ..........good luck

Faster horses said:
Thank you all for your encouragement. I am waiting to get them again so that I can get them ready to post here.

Good,and remember,if an ole uneducated TX cowboy can figure out how to post a tag off a mineral bag,it cant be too hard :wink: ..........good luck

Faster horses said:

This sounds fascinating, so I'd advise you to post a bit of his writings - but by no means post all of them. Just a tease. Even though you haven't found a buyer yet doesn't mean you won't, and this is the kind of thing that could get BIG attention. Has he thought about a book? Rather than talking to magazines, consider a literary agent. I guarantee that if he's even a halfway decent writer, a little help from a ghost writer could earn him some cash. People love this kind of story, and you know what people say about buying the cow when they can get the milk for free. There's a publisher in my area that I know of that's looking for ideas, so PM me if you want the contact info.

We love him. We didn't kick him out. He wanted it that way.

When you are on Medicaid, you can't earn anything to live on and neither can your wife. They break you and keep you broke. You can't stay married-there is no money and they won't let you make money or they take away your benefits.

Sad deal all the way around.

Latest posts