• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

wow, have you seen Jack Layton, since election?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
He's really gone downhill fast. I wish him the best....

5156520bin.jpg

Outpouring of support as Layton battles new cancer

A frail-looking and raspy-voiced NDP leader Jack Layton announced Monday that his battle with cancer isn't over.

The official Opposition leader called a surprise news conference in Toronto to say he is temporarily stepping aside to take care of his health after learning he had developed a new cancer in addition to the prostate cancer he's been battling for more than a year.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/Outpouring+support+Layton+battles+cancer/5155619/story.html#ixzz1T9p3Y3WS

Politically I can't stand the man, but I wish him the best in his up coming fight. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. When I saw him on the news today it took me a second to realize who I was looking at.

I wish him well but why would someone that is as sick as he apparently is run for the leader of a country? :? Does he not know stress, as in stress from a leadership election, can make health issues worse :roll:

Tam said:
I wish him well but why would someone that is as sick as he apparently is run for the leader of a country? :? Does he not know stress, as in stress from a leadership election, can make health issues worse :roll:

those were my initial thoughts too, but Politics is his love, so he might have thought that he was going to continue to enjoy what time he had left....

...don't know :???:

hypocritexposer said:
Tam said:

those were my initial thoughts too, but Politics is his love, so he might have thought that he was going to continue to enjoy what time he had left....

If you are right, then his love of politics seems to out weighs his love of Canada and what is good for it and his own health. Seems some guys will deny their health issues even if it means it could shorten their lives. :roll:

Tam said:
hypocritexposer said:
Tam said:

If you are right, then his love of politics seems to out weighs his love of Canada and what is good for it and his own health. Seems some guys will deny their health issues even if it means it could shorten their lives. :roll:

I see it a little differently. We don't know the whole situation. By the looks of him, he will not be with us for that long, and not running in the campaign might have only lengthened his stay by a few months or a year.

He obviously decided that doing what he did, would make his time on this earth more enjoyable for him, and he did take his party where they have never been before, so he succeeded in his, and his party's, goals at the same time.

As far as I see it, he put his party first, and his happiness, came along for the ride.

As for his love of Canada....I'm sure he loves Canada and if he had stepped down before the election, his party would probably not have progressed to where they did with him at the helm.

Whether you and I agree with his political beliefs being right for Canada, he and his party do, so he did what "was best for Canada", according to them.

Latest posts