• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wow, what an expensive 8 votes......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-04%20at%2010.58.13%20AM.png

enhanced-buzz-30516-1325620414-29.jpg

by the amounts spent it looks as if Santorum did well,.. if he can keep in the top tier and keep from over spending.. by having a budget low cost campaign, he may have a chance..

Did you catch this video where Santorum was talking about the
entrouages the other candidates travelled in and he had "The Chuck
Truck, a friend or two, his wife, etc?" That's pretty low budget.

He says "Freedom is the issue in this race."
I thought it was interesting that his grandfather was a coal miner in Penn.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1363933742001/rick-santorum-game-on

hypocritexposer said:
.....now with Bachmann dropping out and possibly Perry too, their support should shift to Santorum......

Wanna Bet? The Big Party- Big Wall Street/Corporate dollar support- that is now needed in todays elections will go straight to Romney - and he will pull a Reagan and buy the nomination....

With the new Roberts led SCOTUS opinion under Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that Corporate entities/Corporate sponsored PAC's are "people" that can spend all they want to on elections- almost totally anonymously to the public of who is funding them- and can use their lobbying power to buy all the endorsements they want- it will be tough to ever get another candidate that doesn't represent the Big Money Wallstreet and Corporate entities elected...

The comedy in the election is that Newt in his true Repub form supported that decision- but its been those same big dollar PAC's putting out $Millions in anonymous anti Newt- negative ads- (that under the law he can't tie to Romney or any other candidate) that has killed his chances... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Santorum- still has no one serving in Congress endorse him- because they know he is unelectable in a general election and would again be like the Repubs shooting themselves in the foot...

2012 GOP Lawmaker Endorsements for President
By The Hill Staff - 07/20/11 05:39 AM ET

Republicans running for the White House are racking up endorsements from GOP members on Capitol Hill. . The list below reflects publicly committed backers of 2012 presidential hopefuls.

LAST UPDATED ON Jan. 4 at 2: 21 p.m.

RECENT UPDATES — Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.), Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.), Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) (all for Romney)

NOTE — Endorsements in 2008 only noted if the member was serving in Congress at that time

Mitt Romney (62)Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)
Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.)
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) (endorsed Sen. John McCain in 2008)
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) (endorsed Romney in 2008 cycle)
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.)
Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.)
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) (the 2008 GOP nominee)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho)
Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mark Amodei (R-Nev.)
Rep. Charles Bass (R-N.H.)
Rep. Judy Biggert (R-Ill.) (endorsed former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.)
Rep. Mary Bono Mack (R-Calif.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)

Rep. Ken Calvert (R-Calif.)
Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)
Rep. Howard Coble (R-N.C.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

Rep. Ander Crenshaw (R-Fla.)
 (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Robert Dold (R-Ill.)
Rep. John Duncan (R-Tenn.) (endorsed ex-Sen. Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.) in 2008)
Rep. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Tim Griffin (R-Ark.)
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
Rep. Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.)
Rep. Joe Heck (R-Nev.)
Rep. Wally Herger (R-Calif.)
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.)
Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-Calif.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.)
Rep. Connie Mack (R-Fla.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) (endorsed Thompson in 2008; dropped White House bid in September)
Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.)
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.)
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) (endorsed Thompson and later McCain in 2008)
Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio)
Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tenn.)
Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.)
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.)
Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.)

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.)
Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.)
Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ky.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Perry (13)

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) (endorsed Thompson in 2008)
Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.)
Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.)
Rep. John Carter (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas)
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas)
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas)
Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Texas)
Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas)
Rep. Candice Miller (R-Mich.)
Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.)
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.)

--------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

Newt Gingrich (8)

Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas)
Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas)
Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.)
Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Austin Scott (R-Ga.)
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) (endorsed Thompson, and later, Romney, in 2008)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul (3)

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.)

Herman Cain (1)

Rep. Dan Benishek (R-Mich.)

Michele Bachmann (1)

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) (Endorsed Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) in 2008)

Rick Santorum (0)

Gary Johnson (0)

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
.....now with Bachmann dropping out and possibly Perry too, their support should shift to Santorum......

Wanna Bet? The Big Party- Big Wall Street/Corporate dollar support- that is now needed in todays elections will go straight to Romney - and he will pull a Reagan and buy the nomination....

With the new Roberts led SCOTUS opinion under Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that Corporate entities/Corporate sponsored PAC's are "people" that can spend all they want to on elections- almost totally anonymously to the public of who is funding them- and can use their lobbying power to buy all the endorsements they want- it will be tough to ever get another candidate that doesn't represent the Big Money Wallstreet and Corporate entities elected...

The comedy in the election is that Newt in his true Repub form supported that decision- but its been those same big dollar PAC's putting out $Millions in anonymous anti Newt- negative ads- (that under the law he can't tie to Romney or any other candidate) that has killed his chances... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Santorum- still has no one serving in Congress endorse him- because they know he is unelectable in a general election and would again be like the Repubs shooting themselves in the foot...

2012 GOP Lawmaker Endorsements for President
By The Hill Staff - 07/20/11 05:39 AM ET

Republicans running for the White House are racking up endorsements from GOP members on Capitol Hill. . The list below reflects publicly committed backers of 2012 presidential hopefuls.

LAST UPDATED ON Jan. 4 at 2: 21 p.m.

RECENT UPDATES — Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.), Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.), Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) (all for Romney)

NOTE — Endorsements in 2008 only noted if the member was serving in Congress at that time

Mitt Romney (62)Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)
Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.)
Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) (endorsed Sen. John McCain in 2008)
Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) (endorsed Romney in 2008 cycle)
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.)
Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.)
Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) (the 2008 GOP nominee)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho)
Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mark Amodei (R-Nev.)
Rep. Charles Bass (R-N.H.)
Rep. Judy Biggert (R-Ill.) (endorsed former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.)
Rep. Mary Bono Mack (R-Calif.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)

Rep. Ken Calvert (R-Calif.)
Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah)
Rep. Howard Coble (R-N.C.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

Rep. Ander Crenshaw (R-Fla.)
Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Robert Dold (R-Ill.)
Rep. John Duncan (R-Tenn.) (endorsed ex-Sen. Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.) in 2008)
Rep. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-Pa.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Tim Griffin (R-Ark.)
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
Rep. Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.)
Rep. Joe Heck (R-Nev.)
Rep. Wally Herger (R-Calif.)
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.)
Rep. Jerry Lewis (R-Calif.) (endorsed Giuliani in 2008)
Rep. Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.)
Rep. Connie Mack (R-Fla.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Mich.) (endorsed Thompson in 2008; dropped White House bid in September)
Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.)
Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.)
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.)
Rep. Jeff Miller (R-Fla.) (endorsed Thompson and later McCain in 2008)
Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio)
Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tenn.)
Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.)
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Todd Rokita (R-Ind.)
Rep. Tom Rooney (R-Fla.)

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) (endorsed McCain in 2008)
Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.)
Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.)
Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ky.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)

Rick Perry (13)

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) (endorsed Thompson in 2008)
Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.)
Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.)
Rep. John Carter (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas)
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas)
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas)
Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-Texas)
Rep. Mike McCaul (R-Texas)
Rep. Candice Miller (R-Mich.)
Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.)
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.)

--------------------------------------
------------------------------------------

Newt Gingrich (8)

Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas)
Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas)
Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.)
Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) (endorsed Romney in 2008)
Rep. Austin Scott (R-Ga.)
Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) (endorsed Thompson, and later, Romney, in 2008)

Ron Paul (3)

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.)
Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.)

Herman Cain (1)

Rep. Dan Benishek (R-Mich.)

Michele Bachmann (1)

Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) (Endorsed Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.) in 2008)

Rick Santorum (0)

Gary Johnson (0)

as we saw in Iowa, the money spent doesn't always equate to a lot more votes.....I was speaking of voter support.

the conservative vote will now, no longer be split as much, so the majority of Bachmann and Perry (if he drops out) supporters will be transferred to Santorum.

If Bachmann haad not been in the running last night, Santorum would have won......

Unless you know of another conservative candidate.....

If Bachmann haad not been in the running last night, Santorum would have won......

Unless you know of another conservative candidate.....

by the look of it Gingrich knows his race is over.. and is intent on striking back at Romney.. and it doesn't look like it will be a fair fight..

I feel that if Santorum can keep on his jobs message and do well in New Hampshire, he will be able to get past Romney,.. Just as Huckabee did in the last primary..

Romney 272 delegates
Huckabee 282 delegates

the fact is most still see Romney as the guy who laid them off..

. It's not an attack on Romney's wealth (although that's implied) so much as a claim about his supposed callousness towards the working class, which of course has extra bite in an economy as desperate as this one. Huckabee once laid Romney out in classic Huckabee-an class-warrior style by saying that Mitt looks like the guy who laid you off whereas Huck looks like the guy you work with. That line won't quite work for Obama
but it will work for Santorum..

Big Muddy rancher said:
I can't see how they can think Romney won anything. He didn't get many more votes then he did 4 years ago and he's been campaigning since '08. :?

OT believes in him......

hypocritexposer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
I can't see how they can think Romney won anything. He didn't get many more votes then he did 4 years ago and he's been campaigning since '08. :?

OT believes in him......

And you like to tell falsehoods...

Not a Romney man- but of the announced Repubs he is the only one with a chance of beating Obama... Thats the reason the Dem party and Obama are already campaigning against him- as they know he is their only worry...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

OT believes in him......

Not a Romney man- but of the announced Repubs he is the only one with a chance of beating Obama... Thats the reason the Dem party and Obama are already campaigning against him- as they know he is their only worry...

Do you believe that he will win the Republican nomination? You have said so before, so you "believe in him"....no falsehood about it....

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
OT believes in him......

Do you believe that he will win the Republican nomination? You have said so before, so you "believe in him"....no falsehood about it....

Just because I believe he is this years anointed one of the Republican Kingmakers and Wall Street/Corporate World - and so will therefore get the nomination does not mean I believe in him...

Like I said before- of the Repubs still running I like Huntsman best- but now am hoping that Gary Johnson gets the Libertarian nomination... He probably more closely identifies himself to my thinking than any other candidate...

Johnson is for same sex marriages so that makes it easy to understand why you would support him oldtimer :wink: :wink: :wink:

Big Muddy- are you trolling- with all your winking? :p :lol: I hate to disappoint you but I don't walk that walk..

Yes Johnson believes the Federal government should keep its nose out of marriages... He also has a lot more issues that he believes government or at least the federal government should not be sticking their noses into- such as your right to die with dignity...

No wonder you are so confused oldtimer...you cannot even tell who wrote a post :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The jury is still out as to if you walk that way or not, you fascination with bedrooms and zippers tosses a real big question mark about that,

EH

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

Just because I believe he is this years anointed one of the Republican Kingmakers and Wall Street/Corporate World - and so will therefore get the nomination does not mean I believe in him...

Like I said before- of the Repubs still running I like Huntsman best- but now am hoping that Gary Johnson gets the Libertarian nomination... He probably more closely identifies himself to my thinking than any other candidate...

This is the only post I have made on this thread and it was about Romney.

Big Muddy,,,oldtimer hit the sauce real early this morning,,, he confuse a post I made as haveing come from you :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: You know how the drinking clouds his thinking process

EH??

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

This is the only post I have made on this thread and it was about Romney.

Sorry Big Muddy- I was in a hurry to get out and feed before the wind came up...
If I'd realized it came from the yap dog I wouldn't have even answered - but I didn't think it was fitting coming from you...

Big Muddy rancher said:

in a precinct with 53 voters, a twenty vote swing is pretty obvious..

according to a Ron Paul supporter, Romney didn't win by eight, but lost by 12...

Big Muddy...notice he uses a lie to cover up the fact he screwed up again!!!! But when you start drinking before 9:30 am it is easy to see how he can get so confused

EH oldtimer
:wink: :roll: :wink: :roll:

Latest posts