• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WOW

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Breaking News Alert: Post-ABC News poll: Obama, Republicans viewed as not willing enough to compromise on debt ceiling
July 19, 2011 6:21:25 PM
----------------------------------------

Majorities of Americans see both President Obama and congressional
Republicans as not being willing enough to compromise in their stalemated
budget negotiations, but the public sees the GOP leaders as particularly
intransigent, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News Poll.

There is also growing dissatisfaction among Republicans with the hard-line
stance of their congressional representatives: 58 percent now say their
leaders are not doing enough to strike a deal, up from 42 percent in March.

only 24% of those polled were Republican.....

AND?????

There is also growing dissatisfaction among Republicans with the hard-line stance of their congressional representatives: 58 percent now say their leaders are not doing enough to strike a deal, up from 42 percent in March

58% of the Republicans polled is still 58% of the Republicans...It isn't my fault or the polls fault they couldn't find anymore folks that would claim to be a Repub...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

only 24% of those polled were Republican.....

AND?????

There is also growing dissatisfaction among Republicans with the hard-line stance of their congressional representatives: 58 percent now say their leaders are not doing enough to strike a deal, up from 42 percent in March

58% of the Republicans polled is still 58% of the Republicans...It isn't my fault or the polls fault they couldn't find anymore folks that would claim to be a Repub...

the poll was designed and conducted to give the answer the CBS was looking for.

A recent Gallup poll indicates that the majority of Americans who are following the U.S. debt-ceiling talks closely, reportedly 53% of Americans, want their member of Congress to vote against raising the debt limit. Republicans, Democrats, and Independents are basically evenly-split with interest in this issue and not wanting the debt-ceiling to be raised. By age group, senior citizens are paying most attention to the issue.

Similar to the poll in May, 20% more are against the debt-ceiling raise than for it. The overall reason for not wanting the limit raised is because people fear the limit would be raised without a cut in spending.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Gallup Poll: Most Americans do not want the debt ceiling raised - National Conservative | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/americans-do-not-want-the-debt-ceiling-raised-gallup-poll#ixzz1Sbn5USTz

Larrry said:
Steve said:
MD Hagerstown 06-25228 Cape Air BWI $1,570,417 2009-8-16 9/31/2010 C-402 9

$1,570,417

I doubt that anyone could defend this one...

GA Athens 02-11348 Pacific Wings ATL $1,051,386 2008-5-43 9/30/2010 C-208B 9
1 Macon 07-28671 Pacific Wings ATL $1,386,306 2008-5-43 9/30/2010 C-208B 9

or this one...

IL Decatur 06-23929 Great Lakes STL $1,350,256 2009-10-13 9/30/2010 B-1900 19
1 Marion/Herrin 00-7881 Cape Air MCI/STL $2,188,167 2009-10-13 11/30/2011 B-1900 19

and I figured out why we get so much for Cape May's little airport...

must be all the planes that are getting refurbished there from Cape Air..

I guess if those people thought they were the only ones that mattered like some duck from MT thinks they will support they will support their own little boonswaggle. Every body but me attitude

many of the 'essential" air services are in highly populated areas with many other air options...

sometimes the whole program has to go on the chopping block to get every one to agree what is actually essential..

if trimming it to the bone was the only way to save it from total elimination, then congress might be able to finally make the hard choices that should have been made decades ago...

Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of. $15 billion total savings.

sure wish they would have done this under President Bush.. as they would have gotten more in a sellers market..

sadly even the government waste isn't worth as much under Obama.. :?

Forgot to ask OT, do you know anything about repeatability, when it comes to EPDs?

Is a low BW EPD as accurate on a smaller sample or a sample that is 4 times the size?

hypocritexposer said:
Forgot to ask OT, do you know anything about repeatability, when it comes to EPDs?

Is a low BW EPD as accurate on a smaller sample or a sample that is 4 times the size?

Depends on where and what of those samples were taken....

I don't have a great deal of faith in EPD's- especially when often they come nowhere close to matching actual personal performance...

I don't have a great deal of faith in EPD's- especially when often they come nowhere close to matching actual personal performance...

EPD's are not meant to match, compare, or predict actual performance in any animal.

They are meant to allow you the best possible estimate of the genetic "Differences" between two animal's progeny and their genetic traits.

Saying that you don't have a great deal of faith in EPD's is naive at best.

If actually you knew what EPD's are you would agree. As is obvious & evident from your statement, you don't.

Mike said:

EPD's are not meant to match, compare, or predict actual performance in any animal.

They are meant to allow you the best possible estimate of the genetic "Differences" between two animal's progeny and their genetic traits.

Saying that you don't have a great deal of faith in EPD's is naive at best.

If actually you knew what EPD's are you would agree. As is obvious & evident from your statement, you don't.

He doesn't have a "great deal of faith in EPDs", yet he has no problem with quoting polls that are conducted with less mathematical predictability or accuracy as those EPDs, he has no faith in....... :???:

He does not understand how the polls are conducted, yet he believes wholeheartedly in those that agree with his position and beliefs...... He's probably still thinking obama will rid DC of the "old style politics", yet hopes it continues so he and his family can get their "freebies"

OT is a partisan hack...... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Woof: Deeply Flawed CBS Poll Says 71 Percent of Voters Disapprove of GOP's Handling of Debt Negotiations
7/18/2011
Guy Benson | All Posts By Blogger Behold, dispositive proof that the Democrat-media complex's established meme is undeniably correct: These damned intransigent Republican wingnuts are nihilistic extremists:

Americans are unimpressed with their political leaders' handling of the debt ceiling crisis, with a new CBS News poll showing a majority disapprove of all the involved parties' conduct, but Republicans in Congress fare the worst, with just 21 percent backing their resistance to raising taxes.

Approval drops to 31 percent for the Democrats in Congress, and only 21 percent of the people surveyed said they approved of Republicans' handling of the negotiations, while 71 percent disapprove.

I'll admit it: When I glanced over the bottom-line results of this survey, I was tempted to just throw up my hands and pack it in. According to the numbers, 71 percent of voters disapprove of Republican efforts to uphold their central campaign promise on taxes and spending -- indicating that Democrats' deliberate and repeated refusal to offer any concrete solutions has won the day. Confronted with these deeply depressing results, I reckoned that we're so screwed that I flirted with the notion of leaving work, grabbing a slurpee, and sitting by the pool for the rest of the week. But then I recalled a salient fact: This is a CBS News poll. Roughly translated, "additional investigation is warranted." Upon further review, the fine print, survey sample, and wording of this poll render it far less alarming than I initially assumed, for four reasons -- the fourth of which is most important:

(1) The weighted sample gives Democrats a +11 party ID edge. As a point of reference, in the 2010 House elections, Republicans won the popular vote by seven percentage points. Admittedly, this is far from an ideal apples-to-apples comparison, but it raises questions about how CBS settled on this absurd sample breakdown. Even in the great Obama wave of 2008, Democrats didn't even approach a +11 partisan advantage.

(2) CBS surveyed adults; not likely, or even registered, voters. It's widely accepted that polls of adults are far less predicitive of real electoral or political outcomes, as they solicit opinions from many more unattached, uninformed, and uninvolved Americans. In other words, if Joe Smith -- who pays no attention to politics and doesn't vote -- decides Republicans are the bad guy in the complex debt ceiling fracas, John Boehner probably isn't going to lose much sleep over Mr. Smith's verdict.

(3) In their write-up of the poll, CBS mentions that fully 51 percent of the Republicans they actually deigned to survey responded that they disapprove of their own party's actions in this debate. What we don't know is, why? Are half of all Republicans holding out hope that Boehner, Cantor, McConnell & Co will cave on tax hikes? Last week's Rasmussen poll suggests that hypothesis is...unlikely. Or could it be that quite a few Republicans are upset that GOP leaders haven't demanded deeper cuts in exchange for raising the debt ceiling? Or that some Republicans don't support any raise of the debt limit, and are dismayed that their party's leadership has all but conceded that point from day one? Or that other Republicans are put off by Sen. Mitch McConnell's convoluted contigency plan that reeks of insider politics (which is not a commentary on its merits)? As the internals indicate, independents are pretty damn unimpressed with both parties' approach to these deliberations. Democrats' numbers are boosted by far greater loyalty among their own party faithful. Why? We don't know.

(4) In response to point three, defenders of this poll may argue that since it didn't endeavor to address the question of "why," my criticism is unfair. This would be a compelling point if CBSNews.com's story about the poll (you know, the one with the big, damaging headline for Republicans) didn't feature this lede:

Americans are unimpressed with their political leaders' handling of the debt ceiling crisis, with a new CBS News poll showing a majority disapprove of all the involved parties' conduct, but Republicans in Congress fare the worst, with just 21 percent backing their resistance to raising taxes.

There is absolutely zero statistical evidence supporting this claim, yet it's enshrined in CBS' opening graf. Yes, only 21 percent of the public (based on the skewed sample -- see points 1 and 2) approve of Congressional Republicans' handling of the debt negotiations, but the poll itself does not mention the word "taxes" -- or even the more Democrat-friendly term, "revenues." As established in point three above, CBS' poll doesn't ask why Americans disapprove of the GOP's approach to this issue. And yet, this fact didn't stop CBS from simply inventing and assigning a reason -- which conveniently aligns with the Democrat-media complex's established meme: These damned intransigent Republican wingnuts are nihilistic extremists!

And the award for the most ridiculous poll sampling goes to …
Share posted at 9:30 am on May 11, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Move over, CBS. Hang up the kid-leather gloves, WaPo/ABC. There's a new sample-skewing sheriff in town, and it's the Associated Press. In a new definition of "outlier," the AP reported that its latest poll from GfK Roper shows Barack Obama with a 60% approval rating in a survey of 1001 adults, with even his approval on the economy shooting past the 50% mark:
President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years — 60 percent — and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
In worrisome signs for Republicans, the president's standing improved not just on foreign policy but also on the economy, and independent Americans — a key voting bloc in the November 2012 presidential election — caused the overall uptick in support by sliding back to Obama after fleeing for much of the past two years.
Comfortable majorities of the public now call Obama a strong leader who will keep America safe. Nearly three-fourths — 73 percent — also now say they are confident that Obama can effectively handle terrorist threats. And he improved his standing on Afghanistan, Iraq and the United States' relationships with other countries.
Oddly — or perhaps not — the AP report doesn't include a link back to the survey's raw data. In order to find it, one has to go to GfK's site for its AP polls. The partisan breakdown in the sample is found about halfway through the PDF, and it explains a great deal about how Obama managed to get such a high boost in this poll while others showed shallow bumps that had already started to subside.
The Dem/Rep/Ind breakdown in this poll is 46/29/4, as AP assigned most of the leaners to the parties. That is a 17-point gap, more than twice what was seen in the 2008 actual popular vote that elected Obama. It only gets worse when independents are assigned properly. When taking out the leaners, the split becomes — I'm not kidding — 35/18/27. Oh, and another 20% "don't know." That's significantly worse than the March poll, in which the proper D/R/I was 29/20/34, and far beyond their post-midterm sample of 31/28/26. It's pretty easy to get Obama to 60% when Republicans are undersampled by almost half.
Frankly, this sample is so bad that no real insights can be gleaned from it.

When those that do the polling have a history of KNOWNLY SKEWING the results of their polls in a partisan way how can you trust them Oldtimer? :roll:

Tam said:
Woof: Deeply Flawed CBS Poll Says 71 Percent of Voters Disapprove of GOP's Handling of Debt Negotiations
7/18/2011
Guy Benson | All Posts By Blogger Behold, dispositive proof that the Democrat-media complex's established meme is undeniably correct: These damned intransigent Republican wingnuts are nihilistic extremists:

Approval drops to 31 percent for the Democrats in Congress, and only 21 percent of the people surveyed said they approved of Republicans' handling of the negotiations, while 71 percent disapprove.

I'll admit it: When I glanced over the bottom-line results of this survey, I was tempted to just throw up my hands and pack it in. According to the numbers, 71 percent of voters disapprove of Republican efforts to uphold their central campaign promise on taxes and spending -- indicating that Democrats' deliberate and repeated refusal to offer any concrete solutions has won the day. Confronted with these deeply depressing results, I reckoned that we're so screwed that I flirted with the notion of leaving work, grabbing a slurpee, and sitting by the pool for the rest of the week. But then I recalled a salient fact: This is a CBS News poll. Roughly translated, "additional investigation is warranted." Upon further review, the fine print, survey sample, and wording of this poll render it far less alarming than I initially assumed, for four reasons -- the fourth of which is most important:

(1) The weighted sample gives Democrats a +11 party ID edge. As a point of reference, in the 2010 House elections, Republicans won the popular vote by seven percentage points. Admittedly, this is far from an ideal apples-to-apples comparison, but it raises questions about how CBS settled on this absurd sample breakdown. Even in the great Obama wave of 2008, Democrats didn't even approach a +11 partisan advantage.

(2) CBS surveyed adults; not likely, or even registered, voters. It's widely accepted that polls of adults are far less predicitive of real electoral or political outcomes, as they solicit opinions from many more unattached, uninformed, and uninvolved Americans. In other words, if Joe Smith -- who pays no attention to politics and doesn't vote -- decides Republicans are the bad guy in the complex debt ceiling fracas, John Boehner probably isn't going to lose much sleep over Mr. Smith's verdict.

(3) In their write-up of the poll, CBS mentions that fully 51 percent of the Republicans they actually deigned to survey responded that they disapprove of their own party's actions in this debate. What we don't know is, why? Are half of all Republicans holding out hope that Boehner, Cantor, McConnell & Co will cave on tax hikes? Last week's Rasmussen poll suggests that hypothesis is...unlikely. Or could it be that quite a few Republicans are upset that GOP leaders haven't demanded deeper cuts in exchange for raising the debt ceiling? Or that some Republicans don't support any raise of the debt limit, and are dismayed that their party's leadership has all but conceded that point from day one? Or that other Republicans are put off by Sen. Mitch McConnell's convoluted contigency plan that reeks of insider politics (which is not a commentary on its merits)? As the internals indicate, independents are pretty damn unimpressed with both parties' approach to these deliberations. Democrats' numbers are boosted by far greater loyalty among their own party faithful. Why? We don't know.

(4) In response to point three, defenders of this poll may argue that since it didn't endeavor to address the question of "why," my criticism is unfair. This would be a compelling point if CBSNews.com's story about the poll (you know, the one with the big, damaging headline for Republicans) didn't feature this lede:

There is absolutely zero statistical evidence supporting this claim, yet it's enshrined in CBS' opening graf. Yes, only 21 percent of the public (based on the skewed sample -- see points 1 and 2) approve of Congressional Republicans' handling of the debt negotiations, but the poll itself does not mention the word "taxes" -- or even the more Democrat-friendly term, "revenues." As established in point three above, CBS' poll doesn't ask why Americans disapprove of the GOP's approach to this issue. And yet, this fact didn't stop CBS from simply inventing and assigning a reason -- which conveniently aligns with the Democrat-media complex's established meme: These damned intransigent Republican wingnuts are nihilistic extremists!

And the award for the most ridiculous poll sampling goes to …
Share posted at 9:30 am on May 11, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Move over, CBS. Hang up the kid-leather gloves, WaPo/ABC. There's a new sample-skewing sheriff in town, and it's the Associated Press. In a new definition of "outlier," the AP reported that its latest poll from GfK Roper shows Barack Obama with a 60% approval rating in a survey of 1001 adults, with even his approval on the economy shooting past the 50% mark:
President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years — 60 percent — and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
In worrisome signs for Republicans, the president's standing improved not just on foreign policy but also on the economy, and independent Americans — a key voting bloc in the November 2012 presidential election — caused the overall uptick in support by sliding back to Obama after fleeing for much of the past two years.
Comfortable majorities of the public now call Obama a strong leader who will keep America safe. Nearly three-fourths — 73 percent — also now say they are confident that Obama can effectively handle terrorist threats. And he improved his standing on Afghanistan, Iraq and the United States' relationships with other countries.
Oddly — or perhaps not — the AP report doesn't include a link back to the survey's raw data. In order to find it, one has to go to GfK's site for its AP polls. The partisan breakdown in the sample is found about halfway through the PDF, and it explains a great deal about how Obama managed to get such a high boost in this poll while others showed shallow bumps that had already started to subside.
The Dem/Rep/Ind breakdown in this poll is 46/29/4, as AP assigned most of the leaners to the parties. That is a 17-point gap, more than twice what was seen in the 2008 actual popular vote that elected Obama. It only gets worse when independents are assigned properly. When taking out the leaners, the split becomes — I'm not kidding — 35/18/27. Oh, and another 20% "don't know." That's significantly worse than the March poll, in which the proper D/R/I was 29/20/34, and far beyond their post-midterm sample of 31/28/26. It's pretty easy to get Obama to 60% when Republicans are undersampled by almost half.
Frankly, this sample is so bad that no real insights can be gleaned from it.

When those that do the polling have a history of KNOWNLY SKEWING the results of their polls in a partisan way how can you trust them Oldtimer? :roll:

oldtimers-theory said:
the end will justify the means

I guess that is why Obama LIES and left doesn't care that he does. As long as he can get his koolaid drinking followers to believe what he spews and his lies scare the h*ll out of elderly so they don't dare to vote any other way than the way he tells them to. ALL IS WELL :mad:

Guess we'll have to go to Fox news to get accurate polls. Rupert's boys should know as apparently they're not afraid to listen to what folks are saying :lol:

Silver said:
Guess we'll have to go to Fox news to get accurate polls. Rupert's boys should know as apparently they're not afraid to listen to what folks are saying :lol:

the "inside track", is definitely better than skewed/misleading polls.

Laws have little meaning now, it's either the accurate info. from one or the propaganda from the other.

hypocritexposer said:
Silver said:

the "inside track", is definitely better than skewed/misleading polls.

Laws have little meaning now, it's either the accurate info. from one or the propaganda from the other.

Oh, I'm sure accuracy is the motivating factor :roll:

Silver said:

By your comment I take it you are willing to paint the whole Rupert Murdoch Empire that employes over 50,000 people World Wide red for the actions of few that work at a newspaper in the UK that represents less than 1% of his holdings. Way to toss the baby out with the bath water there Silver. :roll:

Tam said:
Silver said:

By your comment I take it you are willing to paint the whole Rupert Murdoch Empire that employes over 50,000 people World Wide red for the actions of few that work at a newspaper in the UK that represents less than 1% of his holdings. Way to toss the baby out with the bath water there Silver. :roll:

I was just trying to fit in with wingnuts in here...... isn't that how it's done Tam? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Silver said:
Tam said:
Silver said:

I was just trying to fit in with wingnuts in here...... isn't that how it's done Tam? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

the wingnut at Fox, most often named as Glenn Beck has been more accurate than most, unless you are listening to the Soros funded outlets.,.....

hypocritexposer said:
Silver said:
Tam said:

the wingnut at Fox, most often named as Glenn Beck has been more accurate than most, unless you are listening to the Soros funded outlets.,.....

He's not a 'wingnut'. He's a 'cowboy'. I know. He said so.

Silver said:
hypocritexposer said:
Silver said:

He's not a 'wingnut'. He's a 'cowboy'. I know. He said so.

cowboy's get blamed for everything, just look at Bush........ :lol:

There's definitely a conspiracy theory against cowboys....from what I heard, we're all "morons"

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts