• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

XL Pipeline Dithering By Buckwheat

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Makes Canada strike deal with China:
Canada is now looking to Asian countries to market its abundance of oil, natural gas and minerals as plans to build the proposed Keystone XL pipeline have stalled with the U.S. administration.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper will travel to China next month to discuss selling Canada's bounty to the rapidly growing nation.

The preferred initial plan was to build the $7 billion Keystone pipeline to deliver Alberta's oilsands crude to refineries in Texas on the Gulf of Mexico.

Harper reasoned that the U.S. government would prefer to deal with a friendly neighbor to help meet its energy needs while creating thousands of jobs.

With widespread opposition by U.S. environmentalists, the Obama administration has delayed its decision on whether to approve the project proposed by energy giant TransCanada Pipelines.

The new plan would market to China and Asian countries through the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline that would transport Alberta's oil and natural gas to British Columbia for shipment by tankers.

Cheaper for obama to go to war in Libya.......

Canada is not going to put our economic concerns on the back burner, because of your President's political aspirations.....

Faster horses said:
I can't blame Canada. It's a shame for America to dilly-dally
around.
Isn't there a problem there taking that pipeline across (or through)
the Rocky Mountains, though? Seems I had heard that somewhere.

Just the usual greenie and native issues. There is already a line over the mountains, I think if they plan on running along side it. I'm guessing the biggest problem will be the resistance to building the port facilities.

New Route for Keystone XL Pipeline Nearly Done

general admin posted on January 12, 2012 08:44 :: 181 Views

The following article is from the Associated Press:

by James MacPherson

BISMARCK, N.D.—An executive with a Canadian company attempting to build a $7 billion pipeline to carry oil from Canada to refineries along the Gulf Coast says a new proposed route will be proposed soon.

Speaking Wednesday in Bismarck, TransCanada Corp.'s Alex Pourbaix told North Dakota officials and oil industry representatives that the company would present its amended plan to federal regulators "in a matter of a very few weeks."

The U.S. government in November delayed a decision on granting a permit for Keystone XL, largely because of worries about the pipeline's environmental impact, especially in Nebraska.

The disputed route runs through six states from Canada to Texas. So-called feeder pipelines would connect the Keystone XL to the rich oil fields in North Dakota and Montana.

How do you approve a plan that hasn't even been proposed yet :???:

Oldtimer said:

by James MacPherson

BISMARCK, N.D.—An executive with a Canadian company attempting to build a $7 billion pipeline to carry oil from Canada to refineries along the Gulf Coast says a new proposed route will be proposed soon.

Speaking Wednesday in Bismarck, TransCanada Corp.'s Alex Pourbaix told North Dakota officials and oil industry representatives that the company would present its amended plan to federal regulators "in a matter of a very few weeks."

The U.S. government in November delayed a decision on granting a permit for Keystone XL, largely because of worries about the pipeline's environmental impact, especially in Nebraska.

The disputed route runs through six states from Canada to Texas. So-called feeder pipelines would connect the Keystone XL to the rich oil fields in North Dakota and Montana.

You can grant a permit, based on the amended plan meeting certain safety and logistical criteria, or you could grant a partial permit, so work can start on those sections of pipeline that are not being changed......

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

by James MacPherson

You can grant a permit, based on the amended plan meeting certain safety and logistical criteria, or you could grant a partial permit, so work can start on those sections of pipeline that are not being changed......

It had tentative approval from Hillary and the State Dept until the Nebraska politicians came out opposing it...

Without even the resemblance of a scientific/professional study you would give the Nebraska NIMBY's and Greeny Weenies a free walk out of court with an injunction stopping the program...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

It had tentative approval from Hillary and the State Dept until the Nebraska politicians came out opposing it...

Without even the resemblance of a scientific/professional study you would give the Nebraska NIMBY's and Greeny Weenies a free walk out of court with an injunction stopping the program...

The sections of pipeline, not in Nebraska, that had tentative approval have not changed. The same scientific/professional studies are still valid.

obama is holding up the construction of the pipeline, in regards to the majority of miles that need to be built.

Oldtimer said:

by James MacPherson

First, Obama would tell America, "We're looking in to it, but.........."

Secondly, Ya'll can always blame it all on Dubya. Some how some way.

That gives Obama two paths out. He can't lose no matter what blunder he employs next

Oldtimer said:

And you know this, how?

Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:

And you know this, how?

When you (Government) doesn't follow the laws, rules, and normal policy and procedure is when you usually get court rulings against you- which often then sets the even stricter precedents everyone later b*tches about....

Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:

And you know this, how?

When you (Government) doesn't follow the laws, rules, and normal policy and procedure is when you usually get court rulings against you- which often then sets the even stricter precedents everyone later b*tches about....

So now it's the "government's" fault for not following the laws, rules and normal policies and procedures? You're confusing me. I thought it was Nebraskan pub NIMBY's and GREENIE WEENIES who stopped the pipeline?

Honestly OT, how about we just put aside all the silliness and agree that had Obama shown some real leadership, used his bully pulpit for the best interests of the US and its workers, this thing wouldn't be languishing the way it is.

At the end of the day, with Obama, it's about a lack of leadership and his desire to win reelection. Just my humble opinion.

Whitewing said:
Oldtimer said:
Whitewing said:
And you know this, how?

So now it's the "government's" fault for not following the laws, rules and normal policies and procedures? You're confusing me. I thought it was Nebraskan pub NIMBY's and GREENIE WEENIES who stopped the pipeline?

Honestly OT, how about we just put aside all the silliness and agree that had Obama shown some real leadership, used his bully pulpit for the best interests of the US and its workers, this thing wouldn't be languishing the way it is.

At the end of the day, with Obama, it's about a lack of leadership and his desire to win reelection. Just my humble opinion.

You forget- I support the pipeline 110%...Obama may still sign the permit- only he knows now...But in ways I almost hope he doesn't before all the hoops are jumped thru- and the t's crossed right and the i's dotted- or the courts could tie it up for years and completely end any chance of it going thru...

Remember EPA rules are quite often enforced by lawsuits/courts... The EPA is a rogue agency and the act gives great credence to the science/procedure of the day - and if even the federal government goes contrary to the existing science/procedure they get stopped...

I've never doubted your interest OT in seeing the pipeline completed. It's good for America, good for our friend and ally, Canada, and good for an economy that's woefully weak and in need of some real jobs.

As usual, I'm more interested in watching you twist, squirm, and otherwise contort your logic as you do everything humanly possible to avoid criticizing Obama.

For an avowed libertarian and member of neither "cult", I find that odd. Just sayin'.

22 October 11 Earlier this month, Sen. Reid sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton urging her to abandon the pipeline and instead focus on renewable energy. The Washington Post provided an excerpt of Reid's letter to Clinton:

The proponents of this pipeline would be wiser to invest instead in job-creating clean energy projects, like renewable power, energy efficiency or advanced vehicles and fuels that would employ thousands of people in the United States rather than increasing our dependency on unsustainable supplies of dirty and polluting oil that could easily be exported.

The fact that Reid chose to single out Clinton on the issue shows that he is paying attention to the issue very closely.

House Dems press Clinton to reject Keystone XL pipeline

Liberal House Democrats are applying fresh political pressure on the Obama administration to block TransCanada Corp.'s proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which would bring crude from Alberta's oil sands projects to Gulf Coast refineries.

if you dig deep enough you would see that the timing of the Democrat congressional and senate backlash to the pipeline coincided with the timing of the decision to delay the announcement..

on the 22 of October, Senate leader Reid sends off a letter...

this letter came right after the announcement that Hillery's state department, was no longer making the decision.. soon after the congressional democrats sign a letter..

at about the same time... (late Sept early Oct).. questions start arising over a conflict of interest with Hillery Clinton and TransCanada..

on Oct 5 a letter was sent to the State department by a group of liberal democrats questioning the process and hinting at an investigation..

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) and several colleagues are circulating a sign-on letter that says newly released emails of exchanges between the State Department and TransCanada have tainted State's review of the project.

"Rather than acting as fair arbiters of TransCanada's application to build a massive pipeline across environmentally sensitive areas of the United States, State Department officials appear to have acted as little more than cheerleaders for the company's bid," states the upcoming letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

and then surprise surprise.. right after Obama heads off the pending investigation.. by taking over the decision process.. he shelves it, blaming it on Nebraska..

where is the media? why in the course of less then two months,...

1. there was the liberal outrage..

2. threatening letters written, from prominent liberal members of Congress..

3. the threat of an investigation into the tainted process, by the same liberal members of congress...

4. a Secretary of State removed from a decision process,

5. threatening letter written, from the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

6. and then the shelving of the entire process.. and no one questioned a president's lame excuse..

7. yet all we heard was.. Blame it on Nebraska..

to bad all the liberal greenie websites are so busy backslapping on how they stopped the pipeline....

the behind the scenes work that we did for all our Freedom of Information Act documents regarding the pipeline. (For those unfamiliar, Friends of the Earth, using FOIA, sought documents that could reveal the extent of the cozy relationship between Paul Elliott, a TransCanada lobbyist, and Secretary Hillary Clinton's State Department, the agency in charge of the impartial review of the pipeline.

Obama didn't stop the pipeline because of Nebraska.. only an idiot would believe that fairy tail..

Obama stopped the approval process to stop the pending investigation into the backroom deals..

it would have exposed his administrations dirty dealings.. to those he actually cares about.. the far left liberals who were turning on him...

darn facts..

You're confusing me. I thought it was Nebraskan pub NIMBY's and GREENIE WEENIES who stopped the pipeline?

no silly,.. it was the threat of an investigation from the far left in congress and the senate majority leader that brought the pipeline to it's demise...

Whitewing said:
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you. :D

I was shocked as well.. but for some reason the media can't seem to contain the glee of the group who exposed the dirty dealings.,... and their desire to take the credit..

but with the internet.. it is all easy to find... you just have to look and be able to put together a short two month timeline..

the greenie websites exposing Secretary of State Hillery Clinton, connection to TransCanada,

the letters from Congress, pressuring Hillery Clinton and threatening an investigation..

the threat of an investigation, into links between the Obama administration and "big Oil"

the letter from the Senate majority leader,

articles showing Obama took over the decision process...

articles showing Obama shelving the process..

and greenie website groups gloating over how they pressured the president into shelving the project

yep it is all there.. and the media missed it some how..

the only thing missing was former VP Cheney.. and a secret meeting... :shock: [/quote]

Whitewing said:
I heard a rumor that VP Cheney was once involved with Halliburton but I've not yet confirmed it. :D

speaking of rumors..

Keystone XL Pipeline Obama-Cheney Secret Phonecall Revealed

Recently, a thumb-drive with an audio file on it arrived in my mail. No return address, but I have a Mac, so I never too worried about viruses. I jacked it in and heard this secretly recorded call between President Barack Obama and former Vice President Dick Cheney talking about the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and the Keystone XL pipeline.

Latest posts