• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

YOU LIKE TEXANS ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DO YOU LIKE TEXANS

• YES I LIKE THEM TEXANS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOPE NEVER HAVE CARED FOR EM

• HELL I DUNNO WHY DO YOU ASK

• Total voters
My wifes aunt is from Texas and was visiting here in Arkansas. They went in a shop and the clerk said to my wifes aunt " I bet you are from Texas" Of course my wifes aunt acted flattered and said you're right , with a big smile, how can you tell. :D The clerk responded " because every woman I ever met from Texas wears all her jewelry at once".

I like Texas and Texans. Good folks.

I had a buddy who buckaroo'd out in Nevada and Idaho. His remark about someone braggin on the size of some of the bigger ranches, such as the 6666's was, "We could have dropped the whole 6666's in one of the potato patches at Simplots, and never even been able to see it, let alone find it!" :lol:

Again, just the messenger folks. :wink:

I have found in my years of living and working and dealing with people (including Texan's - having lived in Texas for 15 years) that most people respond in kind to the type of treatment and attitude that they receive FROM you. It is somewhat like striking a billiard ball - If you hit it straight - it will come back to you straight. But if you hit it "off-center" or " a little too aggressively" you can expect it to come back at you - the same way - - sometimes a little MORE than you expect!!

I agree..everywhere hubby and I have lived, we seem to get along with everyone, where some folks just never can get along.

I suppose texans are generally nice people. Just take Lily for example. It's just too bad that one old wind bag can give a state as large as Texas a bad image. :wink: :wink: :cowboy: Besides I heard Mexicans are a really nice folk.

We have had some friends move to Texas and when we visited, we were impressed with the Texans we met there.

We also had a hunter from Texas that we thought very highly of.
There is a little line that makes the rounds around here:

"You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much."

Haymaker, my vote will be a "YES" vote.

as long as they stay out of Kansas during huntin season, I suppose those North Mexicans are ok........ (Present company excluded from any derogitory comments)

Heard before you can take a Texan out of Texas but you can`t take Texas out of a Texan.

Also have seen and heard , "Mason Dixin Line" similiar to what Real Jake heard about "Yankees" For the most part they are partial to there home ground. No different then South Dakotans.

My son's Marine unit was rebuilding a portion of the US - Mexican border road which had been altered due to the Rio Grande changing course.
The area was Candelaria. Rough country!!

We spent a day or so there - right across the river from Pancho Villa's hangout. Finally decided that if we had another war with Mexico, we would make them take that part back.

Got to go a long ways east before very much green shows up.

Know a lot of Texans and they are all fine people.

I've only been to Texas three times so Idid not meet everone but everyone sure treated me good.One of my best friends came up from Texas 40 years ago .He says he'll never go back.I guess he got tired of ice storms and having to stop work in the summer to pour the sweat out of his boots.I learned alot about life and cattle from him.

I've only been to Texas three times so Idid not meet everone but everyone sure treated me good.One of my best friends came up from Texas 40 years ago .He says he'll never go back.I guess he got tired of ice storms and having to stop work in the summer to pour the sweat out of his boots.I learned alot about life and cattle from him.

smalltime said:
One may have a tendency to think that "smalltime" is exaggerating in regard to 'ice storms' and 'pouring sweat out of boots!' W-e-e-l-l - - N-o-o-o-o-t Eg-Zackly! Depends upon what part of Texas one is talking about, and whether the wind is blowing - - or not! :eek: :roll:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts