• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

You win some, you lose some

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Unions Furious at Obama for Killing Pipeline Jobs

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/keystone-pipeline/2011/11/10/unions-furious-obama-killing-pipeline-jobs#ixzz1dMCUZpxd

Washington, D.C. (November 10, 2011) – Terry O'Sullivan, General President of LIUNA – the Laborers' International Union of North America – made the following statement today in response to the U.S. State Department delay of the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline:

Environmentalists formed a circle around the White House and within days the Obama Administration chose to inflict a potentially fatal delay to a project that is not just a pipeline, but is a lifeline for thousands of desperate working men and women. The Administration chose to support environmentalists over jobs – job-killers win, American workers lose.

Environmental groups from the Natural Resources Defense Council to the Sierra Club may be dancing in the streets, having delayed and possibly stopped yet another project that would put men and women back to work. While they celebrate, pipeline workers will continue to lose their homes and livelihoods.

We had hoped the decision would have been made on the basis of economics, facts and the best interests of the nation, not on the basis of a political calculation.

The State Department should have been freed to make its decision, and then allowed the state and people of Nebraska to proceed with their concerns through the many avenues available to them. That would have been a sign of the Administration's support for jobs and a recognition that workers can't wait until after the next election for a job.

We are extremely disappointed.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/keystone-pipeline/2011/11/10/unions-furious-obama-killing-pipeline-jobs#ixzz1dMCNddrb

Wonder what OT thinks now? Oh, I know. It's the fault of
those NIMBY's in Nebraska.

Obama delays oil pipeline plan, discards 20,000 jobs

By Neil Munro, Daily Caller

Roughly 20,000 oil industry construction jobs are being thrown under Obama's 2012 campaign bus, largely because the president needs to pump up his sagging support among the environmentalists.

The pitch came Thursday when President Barack Obama put his leadership behind a State Department plan to study alternative routes for the pipeline, which is intended to bring oil from Alberta in Canada to oil refineries along the Gulf Coast.

"We should take the time to ensure that all questions are properly addressed and all the potential impacts are properly understood," said Obama's afternoon statement.

The construction jobs, and the revenue from operating the Keystone XL pipeline, may now go to Canadian workers.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/keystone-pipeline/2011/11/10/unions-furious-obama-killing-pipeline-jobs#ixzz1dMDLvE3Q

Ya'll are killing me by slapping OT around.

Funny part is.............he's too dumb to know it. :lol:

Faster horses said:
Wonder what OT thinks now? Oh, I know. It's the fault of
those NIMBY's in Nebraska.

Obama delays oil pipeline plan, discards 20,000 jobs

Now now, give the old one a break. He suffers from a severe case of situational ethics. This normally afflicts only liberals, but since he's told us he's conservative/libertarian and we all know he'd never lie, or even stretch the truth a tad, we can believe him on this count.

Take 2 aspirins OT. The Obamacare doctor will see you in 10 years (after the Bush Bust has passed).

Spent tax payers money on bankrupt solar companies to pay back his donors and then stops the pipeline that will provide much needed jobs in a time of record high unemployment. :x Cue the crickets as you will never see Oldtimer comment on this thread and admit that his hero for the last 3 years has backed the greenies verses providing jobs for the construction workers in the US.

Now not to be argumentative, but some of you seem to be just a little pizzed off over this issue.
Is that true? If so what are you going to do about it?
Are there any union members out there? Do you know any union members you can talk to?

SL

Sir Loin said:
Now not to be argumentative, but some of you seem to be just a little pizzed off over this issue.
Is that true? If so what are you going to do about it?
Are there any union members out there? Do you know any union members you can talk to?

SL

Pizzed off? I doubt that. Most here probably realize that the project is a large and somewhat controversial one that is slowly but surely working its way though the gauntlet of legitimate public scrutiny.

Most of the conversation here has actually been about OT's feeble efforts to make it a political issue by blaming the stalls on pubs. Most here also realize that if any politico is guilty of bringing the project to a halt, it's the anointed one in the WH.

But since OT has hitched his political wagon to Obama, strapped on the O kneepads, and taken the vow of allegiance, he can't bring himself to admit the obvious. We keep bringing up the obvious because we enjoy watching him make a complete ass of himself.

That's all.

Whitewing

Some times I am a little slow on the up take, so am I reading you right?

Are you saying there is no real interest in this issue and you are not really interested in doing anything about this True Liberal tactic by environmental wacko's?

That all this talk is simply to embarrass another board member?
SL

Sir Loin said:
Whitewing

Some times I am a little slow on the up take, so am I reading you right?

Are you saying there is no real interest in this issue and you are not really interested in doing anything about this True Liberal tactic by environmental wacko's?

That all this talk is simply to embarrass another board member?
SL

I think many are interested in the project and understand it's impact on our nations energy crises, most also understand that there should be legitimate public scrutiny of any project, and due to the scope of this one it has garnered a larger attention then it maybe should have..

had it been the ranchers/farmers legitimate concerns and not a large environmentalists outcry, then this project would be already settled..

but because some ranchers/farmers spoke out one board member has claimed they have aligned with the greenie weenies and tried to smear decent people with innuendo..

what the poster has really done is taken the focus off Obama's shenanigans in this issue and tried unsuccessfully to blame it on conservatives.

the fact is.. Obama is stalling the decision until after the election when he will then disapprove of the project.

what we can do is contact our representatives and demand they submit legislation to require the president to make a decision now or take his power and make the decision for him..

and we can contact Obama directly.

both of which I have already done..

Latest posts