• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your Favorite Sites in S. Dakota Black Hills/ W. Nebraska?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina said:
My very favorite place is the head of the dismal river....

Where's that? It doesn't sound so inviting!

TXTibbs is sure right about all the neat things to see in the Blackhills. It's one of our favorite places to play. But I'd drive through it all and never stop to go to Devil's Tower north of Sundance, WYO.

For some reason that mountain holds alot of fasination for me.

The Faces and Crazy Horse are nice but are really just huge graffiti.
Devil's Tower is a natural wonder and there is never near the crowd.

Just my thoughts.

Saddletramp said:
TXTibbs is sure right about all the neat things to see in the Blackhills. It's one of our favorite places to play. But I'd drive through it all and never stop to go to Devil's Tower north of Sundance, WYO.

For some reason that mountain holds alot of fasination for me.

The Faces and Crazy Horse are nice but are really just huge graffiti.
Devil's Tower is a natural wonder and there is never near the crowd.

Just my thoughts.

That doesn't look too far from Deadwood, maybe we can fit that in somehow. Thanks for the idea :!: Would you take rt 24 without going thru Sundance or would you advise staying on I 90 through Sundance then swinging north on 14 to 24?

jersey lily, that was a funny story, I don't care who ya' are!!! :) :) :)

Wonder if nr could go snipe hunting while she is in SD or Wyoming. Surely we could find someone to take her out and not charge.

TX TIBBS I appreciated your list of things to do. Some of 'em I wasn't aware of!

Devil's Tower for sure. First watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind though. :D

Don't forget the Jewel Cave. It's so deep you go down in an elevator. We've been in that one and the Wind Cave. They are both good, but I prefer the Jewel Cave.

Ride the shuttle buses in Deadwood. It's the best way to see the town because parking ain't no fun in Deadwood. :? And make sure you're downtown in the evening for the big gunfight and then go to the trial. Beware that they pull audience members out for jury duty though. :wink:

Check out the Bullock hotel. It's supposed to be haunted. :twisted:

And no one goes home without an old fashioned picture from Keystone. They dress you up and make you look like you had it taken in 1890.

Have fun and report back. We want to hear what you did.

NR...Take I90 to Sundance then 14 to 24. Afterwords, go north to Huelett and back around by Aladdin. It's a real neat drive.

The infamous Jinglebob and myself will be performing at Devil's Tower on the 4th. For details contact Jinglebob as it's his deal.

Hope this help's and am looking forward to the 1st.

For tubing on the Niobrara, you would have to go about 100 miles farther east. Several places near Valentine, and you can rent tubes there. Looks like you might have to do that the next time you are out here.

Devil's Tower , good friend owns the ranch on two sides, so we go thru the park and see it from the back side.
been to jewel cave probally 3 times in the last 30 years, tour was differint each time

My favorite place? Right on the ranch where I live that my great grandpa and grandpa homesteded on! :lol:

Your welcome to come visit. Just let me know and I'll leavce a shovel by the front door so you can shovel a path thru' all my stuff and get inside! :lol:

Just took a tour throught the Black Hills today. Bring your defensive driving pass as the damn bikers and tourists seem to think that they don't need to get over on any of them narrow roads down around the Needles hyway and Custer State Park. And slow down! Everybody drives so fast they miss most of the pretty scenery.

Devils Tower, Rushmore,Crazy Horse are all cool if you've never seen them before and pretty cool if you only see them once a year or so. We are so spoiled in this country. Surrounded by beauty that we take for granted.

Wall Drug and the Badlands are fun.

Any of the country is pretty to drive thru. Take the back roads and you'll see more and enjoy the pace better.

Hill City and the wine tasting at Praire Berry is fun. (just tried it today and came home with 3 bottles of wine and I ain't much of a wine drinker.

And of course, if you party a little to much in Meade county you can get my wife to give you a free guided tour of the Meade County jail. /there will be lots taking the tour during the rally! :shock: :lol:

Saddletramp said:
NR...Take I90 to Sundance then 14 to 24. Afterwords, go north to Huelett and back around by Aladdin. It's a real neat drive.

The infamous Jinglebob and myself will be performing at Devil's Tower on the 4th. For details contact Jinglebob as it's his deal. Hope this help's and am looking forward to the 1st.

Saddletramp-Thank you for all the directions. Of course you KNOW we're counting on hearing you and Jinglebob do something on the 1st, right???

Kato said:
And no one goes home without an old fashioned picture from Keystone. They dress you up and make you look like you had it taken in 1890.

I don't even have to dress up to look like i'm from 1890. :mad:

Thanks for the Deadwood ideas, Kato. We're trying to pack all these suggestions in. Somehow. It sounds like all of you have really liked the area!

Can you put a tube in at Valentine?

Close by. I believe you can put a tube or canoe in at Cornell bridge float down to Berry bridge, or at Berry Bridge than down to Rocky Ford. West farther up the river they put tubes in at the Hockenberry Bridge float down to the Anderson Bridge. about 5 miles.

Latest posts