• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your opinion on these Ranger 900 doors?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond said:
3words said:
4Diamond said:
from what I've seen " here " they go no where in cold weather because they are too cold to operate. Or that's what my neighbors say.

Your neighbour's are full of it,i use mine to pull the chop wagon to feed the cows during the winter.No cab no heater and the coldest day last year was minus 54 and the cows got there chop with the polaris.People are getting to soft now a days,tell them to take there panty's off and put there carhartts on!!
carhartts are now made in mexico and other tropical regions. Maybe that's the problem
How cold could it get in Missouri that a Ranger wouldn't run right? And I'm sure it wouldn't matter if Carhartts were made in the jungle's of Brazil anybody in the SE US would cook in them. :roll: I've seen Rangers up here run no matter the weather and between the ranchers and oilfield in western North Dakota nobody's complaining about their Carharrt's.

I didn't say they wouldn't run right the operators just don't drive them when it's below freezing. That's why I question the practicality "here". And yes with our humidity that seems much colder than you think.

Denny said:
Of course, first thing he did was take the top off. :p :wink: :D

It's a guy thing :wink:[/quote]

Oh YEAH. FOR SURE! Made us laugh, we figured that is what he would do
and he did. He's a great young man. Stays busy running heavy equipment, building oil field locations. He loves it. My dad did that too, and very near where our grandson is....that's pretty neat...

4Diamond said:
I didn't say they wouldn't run right the operators just don't drive them when it's below freezing. That's why I question the practicality "here". And yes with our humidity that seems much colder than you think.

As a former OTR driver, I've encountered wind chills colder than -95°F, and actual air temperature of -50°F. That was in Wyoming. The coldest I've ever been was in Ada, Oklahoma, at 25°F. :shock: That humidity makes a huge difference.

loomixguy said:
4Diamond said:

As a former OTR driver, I've encountered wind chills colder than -95°F, and actual air temperature of -50°F. That was in Wyoming. The coldest I've ever been was in Ada, Oklahoma, at 25°F. :shock: That humidity makes a huge difference.
amen. People can't believe it till they experience it.

My family is from Missouri. I was born in Springfield but my
parents left there when I was less than 2 years old.

I can remember once, years ago when Mr. FH and I lived in Wyoming. We took a trip to Bolivar, Missouri,
where it was 40 degrees at the time we were there. That's 40 degrees ABOVE ZERO. We about froze to death.
That was the first time we experienced winter humidity. You guys are right, that humidity makes it bone-chilling cold.

Coldest I ever was though, was in Rochester, Minnesota.
My mother was in Mayo Clinic and it was winter time.
I bought a hat that I still have. Warmest hat ever, til I found a rabbit fur hat last winter. Now that's a warm hat! :D

Faster horses said:
I bought a hat that I still have. Warmest hat ever, til I found a rabbit fur hat last winter. Now that's a warm hat! :D

A young lady showed up at my folks' house to visit back in the 1970's. She had a brand new bright white rabbit fur coat that she had received for Christmas. That coat shed hare hair everywhere she went. :)

Faster horses said:
My family is from Missouri. I was born in Springfield but my
parents left there when I was less than 2 years old.
that's 45 min from me, I also was born there.

Soapweed said:
Faster horses said:

A young lady showed up at my folks' house to visit back in the 1970's. She had a brand new bright white rabbit fur coat that she had received for Christmas. That coat shed hare hair everywhere she went. :)

Hare's have come a long ways since then. :p :wink: :D

loomixguy said:
4Diamond said:

Coldest I've ever been was in a blizzard pouring gas in my truck 1/2 way between Winnet Montana and Jordan that wind was raw we had fuel along and were getting low in the late evening driveing hard to get ahead of the storm.

I have worked in -81F (not counting wind chill).... but it was a dry cold :D

Also, at that temperature I have verified that it is in fact true that if you spit you can hear it snap when it freezes before it hits the ground. :shock:

Silver said:
I have worked in -81F (not counting wind chill).... but it was a dry cold :D

Also, at that temperature I have verified that it is in fact true that if you spit you can hear it snap when it freezes before it hits the ground. :shock:

Man you're such a sissy! And i'll bet your Polaris ranger wouldn't start either. :D :D :D That is dang cold my friend! Send some snow thisaway but please keep the door to the freezer firmly locked. Gracious!

Latest posts