• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Zephyrus 31

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I was looking thru the web site Grassroots.org. I can see where you might think there are many noble causes listed there and there may well be some but there are many in the petition list that look to be causes of the uninformed . I was reading about and some of the comments about PMU pregnant mares Urine. Most comments were made by women that have naver taken or needed to take the pills. Some seemed to think you drank the urine ect. Weyth the company that had these ranchers under contract to collect this product policed the ranchers very well. I will say that in the early years of PMU that the barns and care was not ideal but the company responded to concerns and made regulations that the stall be bigger, more turn out time altho many of the mares preferred to stay in the barns on cold days. From my experience these horses were treated as good or better then most horses on "Hobby farms" or backyard kept horses.
Many PMU ranchers started to produce foals that had value other then for the meat industry. Which leads me to another topic , Horse slaughter faclities.
They are neccessary as we have to many horses in North America not to have a way to dispose of the horses that have out lived their usfulness. Now I raise horses and no one has more respect or loves horses more then me but reality is that horses get old injured or possibly dangerous and it is not healthy or humane not to have proper ways to dispose of them.
I realize that these veiws may not sit well with you but I wanted to point out to you that there is at least 2 side to every issue. Grassroots.org has many veiws that make people involved in agriculture feel uneasy. That may be why V-KEY took offense to you when you started posting.
I wanted to write this a few days ago but wanted to be able to sit down and try to make my point with out putting you on the defensive as that is not what I am trying to do.
I hope you keep posting as that we both my learn something from each other. Michael :cowboy: The smoking emoticon is my only bad habit :wink:

Oh my God, Big Muddy Rancher, you're right!! I never bothered with those petitions but now I saw them, I feel betrayed!! If horses (or any other animal) aren't treated how they should be then I want out of grassroots' mumbo-jumbo. :mad:

Thanks so much for pointing that one out Big Muddy Rancher!! :D I'm unsubscribing pronto. I feel so used.. :cry2:

Ugh, that's just great!! (in the sarcastic way) There's no where to unsubscribe which basically traps me from exiting their clutch of evil!! :evil: Oh well, looks like I'm going to haveta let my email die. Again! :cry:

Latest posts