• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sh!e made it

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I have posted here before about some friends whose daughter was working to become a doctor. It certainly hasn't been easy when minorities seem to get all the breaks as far as scholarships go. This girl did it pretty much on her own and will do her residency at
Texas A&M. She will be a fine and caring doctor. Just wanted to share this with you all, as we are so proud of her achievement. She never waivered, no matter how difficult the task, in realizing her lifelong dream.

:clap: Congrats young lady, you make everyone even a little more proud of you by 'doing it yourself' It is sad that in both Canada and USA, our home grown young achievers are often left out from the grant monies

Well done..... may your future be a bright and prosperous one... :clap: :clap:

Wonderful! Especially that she is going to become a doctor. We need so many more of them as the population ages. TX A&M excels in so many fields, she should do very well and have a great time there. Hope she can find time to sight seeing and having fun seeing some of the interesting array of Texas sights. History is covered very well across the state. We have seen a lot of those sites on the west side of the state and enjoyed them a lot. Palo Duro Canyon is a favorite place for us.

mrj

Thanks everyone, she is so deserving. It wasn't easy. When she was interviewing she had to criss-cross across the US, at least the western half. she slept in her pickup, showered in truck stops in order to get to her interviews. She had 24 interviews and finally quit after about 14. The frosting on the cake was that she listed her selections in order, 1-2-3, etc with no guarantee that any would be a fit; Texas A&M was her first choice and she was their first choice. She will do fine. She is a caring, giving young woman. She goes to homeless shelters and helps out there....she is involved in Special Olympics.....she is a very special young lady.

Faster horses said:
Thanks everyone, she is so deserving. It wasn't easy. When she was interviewing she had to criss-cross across the US, at least the western half. she slept in her pickup, showered in truck stops in order to get to her interviews. She had 24 interviews and finally quit after about 14. The frosting on the cake was that she listed her selections in order, 1-2-3, etc with no guarantee that any would be a fit; Texas A&M was her first choice and she was their first choice. She will do fine. She is a caring, giving young woman. She goes to homeless shelters and helps out there....she is involved in Special Olympics.....she is a very special young lady.[/qu
FH, her success is surely an answer to prayers of many people and your encouragement of her without doubt has been a blessing to her.

Re. her help with Special Olympics, SD CattleWomen have supported that group for many years. I'm no longer active, but know they are doing great work in many needed groups along with promoting beef. So........your young friend has already built a history of helping the cattle business many of us on this site love. And, unfortunately, all too many of us need the services of doctors all our lives, working in a dangerous job, and when we grow older, we seem to pay the price of the minor 'dings' we acquire along the way by getting well acquainted with our medical professionals, don't we?!

Have a great Sunday everyone! We are into the middle of A-I-ing, so Sunday is looking like another work day, with just me and our guests of the past week getting to church and maybe or may not have time for the usual Sunday Lunch Out at a good little local café. They have to drive home to Omaha this afternoon, about 8 hours of quality road time on I-90 and I-29.

mrj

Congratulations to her! May all of the red tape and headaches of Obamacare be repealed before her residency is finished.

Latest posts