• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A small town newspaper

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowman52

Reaction score
I live in semi far west Texas, town of Less than 100 thou. Newspaper is daily and does a good job on Friday night football and the obits.
Well, last week they decided to weigh in on the events of our times.
Elected mayor term before last, didn't show up for his swearing in ceremony, just nowhere to be found. Well, after someone dug all over, the mayor elect had decided to adjourn to Mexico with his illegal immigrant lover, a man.
Over new year, the paper decides to run a full 8 page story about how great he is, was, and what a wonderful life he now has and how he should be welcomed back, with the same partner, and just how out of step the community is.
Needless to say, the you know what has hit the fan. Advertising, circulation and readership has fallen off, and 2 of the larger churches have pulled their ads, and papers are being returned in droves.
Most replies are of the opinion. I really don't care about his personal life, but I'll be dang if you are going to force it on me.
Quite the story here.

Faster horses said:
I wouldn't care about his personal life either and wouldn't want to know. I liked the world better when gays were more discreet. I'd say the newspaper made a bad call on that one.

Got to take you up on this one FH as I am a bit growly this morning

I guess it shows where I come from.

Gay = happy

Same sex lovers = homosexual

In my opinion the word gay was used because even those who do their own do not like the word homosexual.

So they bastardized a common word and made it mean something other than the original meaning.

Which in truth is probably why I always use the word homosexual.

Am I a homophobe? Possibly

However there are heterophobes as well - and no one ever has the gonads to call them on that.

I suspect I am one of those in the community that is out of step and I am comfortable with that.

I will shut up now.

Have a great weekend

bc

I agree 100 percent BC.....

the homo thing is a perverse way to live. yet we celebrate it with parades and tv shows and court room drama to make it main stream.....

beastiality, pedophilia, and incest are also perversions...when will they demand the same respect and equality the homos are now getting???

The indoctrination of our children on the perverse lifestyles will do huge damage to them in the future.

If same sex marriage isn't a lowering of morals, nothing is.

Thanks OT.

:roll:

Faster horses said:
Faster horses said:
I wouldn't care about his personal life either and wouldn't want to know. I liked the world better when homosexuals were more discreet. I'd say the newspaper made a bad call on that one.

There. Fixed. :D

LOL!

Same response to you as before.

Have a great weekend!

bc

The opinion of a growing number around here is that our local weekly paper is not really worth getting any longer.

For the very same reasons as cowman52 gave.

I recently spoke with the editor, a very liberal woman, and offered to write a column for them on an occasional basis.

She replied - "oh , you mean an opinion piece. I do the opinion around here."

I just said, well, a little balance never hurt anyone. and walked away.

We live in a society where a few very sick people are trying to force their thinking on all the rest. And they are succeeding.

" I do the opinion around here"

I've always thought that one definition of sanity if being able to understand---or at least listen to---the other person's viewpoint.

homosexuals in the US amount to about 2% of the population. I would think it's about the same in any Country.

They are not "normal" in my opinion. They are not "usual", in my opinion.

but maybe definitions of "normal" and "usual" and "typical" are also changing.

Liberals seem to have a habit of changing definitions...and when they change those definitions, the old definitions usually become "hate speech"

nor·mal
[ náwrm'l ]

usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom

healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy

occurring naturally: maintained or occurring in a natural state

u·su·al
[ yoo əl ]

typical or normal: characteristic or expected of somebody or something

ordinary way: the ordinary, normal, or customary way of things

what somebody customarily has: what somebody customarily has, especially a drink in a bar

typ·i·cal
[ típpik'l ]

representative: having all or most of the characteristics shared by others of the same kind and therefore suitable as an example of it

characteristic: characteristic of an individual person or thing
as bad or annoying as usual: in accordance with your worst expectations

Latest posts