• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cow prices

Help Support Ranchers.net:

a ranch not far from here dispersed their entire cow herd yesterday through the ring. 512 herefords and black baldies, 3 yr old 1st calf heifers to broken mouth cows averaged $2336. sale top was 117hd of 4&5 hereford cows for $2600, one buyer took them all. :shock:

i hope they make money on every one of them..

Which ring, Justin? And any suggestions from you--or anyone else, please.

I'd posted earlier about an older guy who wants/needs to at least slow down---and he's about ready to sell and has heard s Dakota is hot market.

His cows are due about apr 10--blacks and baldys, a 4-7 set, an older mixed ages set, all bred black. Thanks.

ps--he mentioned belle fourche? any input from anybody welcome. Thanks~~!

Justin said:
a ranch not far from here dispersed their entire cow herd yesterday through the ring. 512 herefords and black baldies, 3 yr old 1st calf heifers to broken mouth cows averaged $2336. sale top was 117hd of 4&5 hereford cows for $2600, one buyer took them all. :shock:

We do too!!!
Those were cows carrying babies, or cows with calves at side, or both?

Justin said:

Pat's Advice comes to mind. :)

Faster horses said:
Justin said:

We do too!!!

all due April 15th for 55 days. the 3s coming with their first calf were bred black, the rest bred hereford.

i thought they were a damn nice set of cows. the ranch they came from has not fed any hay to a cow since the 50s. these were true, fend for themselves type of cows as you'll find. i know a lot of outfits say they run their cows like that but these were the real deal. i'm sure they got cake or tubs but nothing beyond that. i talked to the feed man at the barn yesterday and he said the cows wouldn't eat hay when they first got to town and i seen the hay….it was good, chopped and green.

littlejoe said:
Which ring, Justin? And any suggestions from you--or anyone else, please.

I'd posted earlier about an older guy who wants/needs to at least slow down---and he's about ready to sell and has heard s Dakota is hot market.

His cows are due about apr 10--blacks and baldys, a 4-7 set, an older mixed ages set, all bred black. Thanks.

ps--he mentioned belle fourche? any input from anybody welcome. Thanks~~!

these sold at St. Onge.

check your PMs

Heres from a herd dispersion that took place on March 13th at Glasgow Stockyards:

Bred Heifers $2050
3-4-5 Year Old Cows $2100-$2400
6-7 Year Old Cows $2250-$2375
8-9 Year Old Cows $1800-$2250
Broken Mouth Cows $1275-$1875

Justin said:
Faster horses said:
Justin said:

We do too!!!

all due April 15th for 55 days. the 3s coming with their first calf were bred black, the rest bred hereford.

i thought they were a damn nice set of cows. the ranch they came from has not fed any hay to a cow since the 50s. these were true, fend for themselves type of cows as you'll find. i know a lot of outfits say they run their cows like that but these were the real deal. i'm sure they got cake or tubs but nothing beyond that. i talked to the feed man at the barn yesterday and he said the cows wouldn't eat hay when they first got to town and i seen the hay….it was good, chopped and green.

Wasn't Marty ranch cows?

Yes it was Marty Ranch. These cows did take care of themselves all year long. They were supplied with cake during the winter but no hay. Granted these cows never knew anything less than grass up to their bellies. It was a big ranch and always understocked.

I sold my June calving cows in Philip last week. Three year olds to solid mouth cows brought $2000. I would consider them or Ft. Pierre to be the best place to sell cows.

Latest posts