• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Merry Christmas!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That made us both giggle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
In fact, Jack thought the singer sounded just like you!! :D

Merry Christmas to you, Dave, and to Deb and your family.

Be sure to save us a place at Morrison Meadow about August!! So looking forward to it!

Merry Christmas Pal! Don't let ol' Santa unload all his loot up to your place before he gets down here to us.

Merry Christmas to all our friends on Ranchers.net Ya'll are wonderful folks and we treasure our relationships with ya.

Merry Christmas to all on here!
Dave, that songs got to be one of my favourites at this time of year, it must be because of the country we grew up and live in.
I can see Danny Sill strumming on his guitar and yodelling that one out.
Take care my friend and give Deb a big hug.

Merry Christmas! That was fun to hear! Good end to a good day of celebration for us. Special Christmas service at church this morning. Drove 65 miles to Pierre, SD to see the Christmas Trees decorating our state Capitol. It is fabulous. Organizations, individuals, schools, Cancer and many other illness survivor groups, family farms and ranches, day care groups, and many more sponsors provide a tree and decorate it in corridors on three or more floors of the building. One floor has special activities for kids to make decorations. Otherwise, it is just a proceed at your own pace event running roughly from Thanksgiving to Dec. 26. There are days when music from individuals and groups is performed in the rotunda area. I think there wasn't any today, at least not at the time we were there. Making it even more fun was that our grandson's family, including the two great grand daughters were there, so we joined with them to see the wonder of it all through the eyes of three and five year olds!!!! It was especially exciting for them when we could look up and see trees on multiple levels when on the lowest floor and then go up the elevator to see them up close. Sure were lots of family groups taking it all in today!

We ended the outing by going to that grandsons house where there were three generations of us exchanging gifts.....and having some lively games of 'catch the ball' and stalking with flashlight beams and/or foam 'bullets' hopefully tiring the little ones enough to get a good night of sleep before the big day tomorrow.

We will be at the other grandsons newly remodeled home they just moved into, celebrating the day with most of our family and his wifes' family and a friend who drove up from New Mexico for the celebration. Three of our four kids will be there, and the fourth one will be with us to celebrate the New Year, so a great holiday season for us in our 'old age'! Adding to the special Blessings of Christmas is the celebration of the 125th anniversary of our ranch with the production of a commemorative album of 'then and now' photo's of activity and people, pastures, and cattle taken over the years put together by a granddaughter in law, with some help from my spouse and other family members.

Wishing all of you Christmas Blessings and a Happy New Year!

mrj

125 years is quite an accomplishment and deserves to be celebrated.

We celebrated 75 years and my Dad's 90th birthday 5 years ago, really enjoyed the party.

That's an amazing story, mrj, thanks for telling it! Such a lively family event backed with the context of so much history - special!

Merry Christmas to all and I will again post my favorite Christmas song by one of Canada's best vocalists, Lucy MacNeil and the Barra MacNeils:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZK3H9U56zU

Merry Christmas from the Ozark Mountains where it's always a hard candy Christmas

Red-Did you read what happened to those guys after there were on the album cover?

A couple of locals thought the two guys got a lot of money from the photo and had it hid in their barn. They beat them trying to get them to tell where the money was. One died and the other spent the rest of his life in a nursing home due to the injuries

Latest posts