• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures--------------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
I finally got a kitchen pass and headed for the Desert. it was such a great day I had to post some pictures. We found
two bands totaling about 180 head. The first band was on The Hard Pan. I was even happier to find them on the Pony Express Trail Road. The less walking I have to do the better. It's easy to see there is a little mud in their country.
The buckskin mare in the first picture is Gypsy's second colt. All of the carmelos belong to One Ear.

One Ear has been missing during the winter, but has blessed us with his presents. He was busy protecting his mares, running around, posturing and bearing his teeth. It's always fun to see the new babies and find that last years group
have made it through the winter.

We found the main band later in the day, but those pictures will come later.

Thanks, yet again, Mustang.

It is nice to see them in what I assume is pretty good condition for this time of year. The one about six up from bottom is my favorite of this bunch.

mrj

Those are a colorful band, for sure. They seem to have wintered well.
The blue roan mare with a colt at side, reminded me of a little blue roan mare we got for our daughter. She was much
thinner than the mare you pictured and little did we know, she was with foal. We trimmed her up, had to roach her mane even
she was so covered in TICKS. We called her TIKKI. She wound up being a nice kids horse and was that pretty blue roan color.
Surprised us one day when she showed up with a baby. She was a good mama, too, even though the last thing we wanted was a
mare with a colt. :)

Latest posts