• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mutton Bustin

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I have a grandson who won the mutton bustin at his local rodeo. Won a nicer belt buckle than they gave away for riding broncs 50 years ago. Picture of him shows him sitting upright with one hand in a rope like the big boys. He told his dad that now I know how Stetson Wright feels. Dad replied yep you made the whistle. The boy said, no dad I was 90 points!

Tammy took the kids to the fair in Coronach many years ago,
Tiffany my oldest was wearing a sun dress and sandals with no idea they had mutton busting,
She wanted to ride so Tammy entered her up and she won. Some of the little boys were all dressed up like cowboys and weren't happy to be beat by a girl.

Tammy took the kids to the fair in Coronach many years ago,
Tiffany my oldest was wearing a sun dress and sandals with no idea they had mutton busting,
She wanted to ride so Tammy entered her up and she won. Some of the little boys were all dressed up like cowboys and weren't happy to be beat by a girl.
Especially one in a sundress!

When the mother of this grandson was 14 they had a boys steer riding at a rodeo. She entered. It ended up being a 2 header. She sat in the middle of both steers like it was a day off. She was the only one to ride both steers. Beat all the boys. The father was 8th in the world at one point riding saddle broncs. I think this kid has the genetics to ride what ever they run under him.

Latest posts