• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shoulder fixes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Anybody out in Ranchers land had surgery on thier shoulder? I had my bicept tendon fixed and a bone spur removed on Monday and am wondering when I can start doing stuff again. Doc said 6 weeks or so. I think he's too pessimistic for my liking. I was hoping for more along the lines of 5 or 6 days. :wink: Anybody who's been there done that, give me a whistle. :D

listen to your doc..he's absolutley right, and make sure you do your therapy, its worth it in the long run...next time listen to Mrs 'H the first time she tells ya something!!! :p :wink:

I had lower back surgery and the Doc told me 6 weeks. Heck......

I fell out of the back of my pickup 3 days after getting home.

Your surgery sounds a little more complicated that a spinal operation though.

I'd wait at least a couple of weeks. :lol:

leanin' H said:
Anybody out in Ranchers land had surgery on thier shoulder? I had my bicept tendon fixed and a bone spur removed on Monday and am wondering when I can start doing stuff again. Doc said 6 weeks or so. I think he's too pessimistic for my liking. I was hoping for more along the lines of 5 or 6 days. :wink: Anybody who's been there done that, give me a whistle. :D

What bicep implants? :shock:

Hows the Pythons? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leanin' H said:
I don't think ya need a doctor to tell ya when to go back to work; push away from the computer for a couple hours and throw some square bales! Keep doin' that til it quits hurtin'! Then ya can go back to work! :D

redrobin said:
Mike said:
Heck......

I fell out of the back of my pickup 3 days after getting home.

:
Quit drinking that untaxed hooch and your back will feel better. :lol:

Wish I'da had one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got me to thinkin'. Lot's of people have had their "Backs" operated on.

You ever heard of someone getting their "Front" cut on?

My brother is held together by 4 screws in his shoulder... Please do the rehab and do it well. Listen to your doctor. Shoulder surgery is not for sissys..... Take care...

ive got 4 screws in my shoulder. i was out for about 5 weeks after that. i still steer wrestle and rope and it dont bother me that much. as my dad would tell me, "it's a long way from your heart"

6-7 years ago was suppose to get my left shoulder fixed , two week before the surgery I fell off a combine and caught my self with my right arm. So got my right shoulder fixed was down 6 weeks. Well a year ago last fall on a 4 wheeler I went to head some cows and hit a deep wide ditch. Landed on left shoulder. The doctor put 9 anchors in to tie too; my daughter feed cows for me I was laid up for over 3 months. Physical therapy 3 times a week. I did brand some cows I bought a few weeks after the surgery. They made me keep the sling under a zipped up coat and I had a good crew to help.

Would say my right shoulder is 98% but my left is more like 75% still hard to hold a rifle with my arm extended

That's right Jodywy you were harder to understand than Cowhunter. :shock: I would like to hear Cowhunter in person to get the true accent. :)

Latest posts