• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron

Reaction score
In reference to comments made in the 'what do you think?' and 'bull development' threads, this is the bull that is being referred too. I just copied and pasted this from CT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one of my first forage-raised bulls. Up till now, this bull hasn't seen a hint of grain. As a calf and yearling, it's been grass and hay.

BD: Sept 12, 2008
BW: 110 lbs.
205 ADJ WW: 578 lbs.
ADG as calf over winter on milk and hay: 2.28 lbs/day (I think that is quite good for a fall calf)
YW: 910 lbs.
Current weight: approx. 1000 lbs

CE BW WW YW Milk TM
EPD -0.2 +4.4 +34.8 +61.2 +9.2 +26.6

P1010056-1.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010063-1.jpg

Sire
P1010062-1.jpg

P1010061.jpg

Dam @ 11 years of age
P1010054-1.jpg

Boy is sure has his Dad's muscle pattern. You'll probably have to watch that malnutritioned son of a gun for 9-10 years lol. He's going to pop on grass I'll wager-stay the course.

Aaron, no wonder everyone is on your case! :shock: Just kidding! :D Hope he works well for you. There are lots of cows just like his momma roaming this country. :D

Northern Rancher said:
Not alot of holes in that old cow-do you still have her or not?

No, she pulled her hip in the fall of '08 and the winter took a lot of condition off of her. That picture was from spring '09. She did good at the mart though. 1423 lbs. @ $0.48/lb. I could have kept her, but she had been a three-titter for the last couple of years and I don't have time to start trying to manage a cripple. Did it once and it just slows down the operation.

Northern Rancher said:
Yes it does-Dylan and I are going to start up our grass bull test again-maybe you'll have to send some out.

You'll be the first to call if I ever go the bull test route. You let me know the requirements and cost and I'll keep it in mind.

Latest posts