• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trailing cattle to summer pasture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Getthroughthegateanddontbelate.jpg

Get through the gate and don't be late
Overthecrossing.jpg

Over the crossing
Blackandforth.jpg

Black and forth
Blackcattlebeingtrailedtosummerpast.jpg

Black cows with steer calves being trailed to summer pasture
Cattlemovingkindofslow.jpg

Cattle moving kind of slow
Promisingraincloudsbutthepromisedid.jpg

Promising rain clouds that didn't materialize
Crossingthecreek.jpg

Crossing the creek
Wishhewasneedingtowearthatslicker.jpg

Wish he was needing to wear that slicker
Upcloseandpersonal.jpg

Up close and personal
Crossingthebridge.jpg

Crossing the bridge
Cowpokesonpaints.jpg

Cowpokes and paints
Black-hidedbovines.jpg

Black-hided bovines
Grabbingaquickbite.jpg

Grabbing a quick bite
Cominguptheroad.jpg

Coming up the road
PeachBlossomandClavinova.jpg

Peach Blossom and Clavinova
Shuttingthegate.jpg

Shutting the gate

They're lookin good Soapweed. The grass looks pretty good to. Hope it rains for you. Some day I would like to come and see the Sandhills in person. Thanks fo the pictures.

Nice lookin cattle soapweed.

We had the same luck with the clouds... 10 sprinkles and it shut off.

Take Care

We probably do things backwards around here. :roll: :wink:

We brand some first, but most of our cattle go to summer pasture, and then get branded there. This has a lot to do with later calving. Heck, we are still getting a few calves yet. At least I think we are, as there seems to be some newer ones when we drift them south.

Our biggest branding here is next wed.

Branded one bunch of 3's and a few 4's today. Got the 2's and one other bunch done earlier. Every year I don't know how we get it done, with helping other neighbors and all, but it always gets done somehow.

Long days.

Really looking good there-Soapweed and crew! The cattle are really doing well :) and for now it looks like some pretty good grass for you. I've been checking pastures and the grass is good for now-some of our pastures got .50-1 in. of rain the past couple of days,but nothing at the house to speak of.But here, no one knows what a true drought is-don't think many would live thru what up North has had for years on end :wink:

great pictures soapweed,wish our country looked like that,seems like we get started ok then the spring rains that we depend on to make our hay crops just quits,if memory serves me this makes the 12th year back to back,guess that's what makes it so much fun,anyway glad you have grass.................good luck

Team1roper said:
How are you making out up there Haymaker
we finally got some moisture

We're hangin in there,I was watchin the radar scope and was thinkin that rain hit you,hope it continues,pretty dry around here,hay fields are wilted,looks like the same ole story to me,rain dont mean much without follow up,I bet we will be lucky to get 2 bales to the acre................good luck

Latest posts