• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Horse pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Chimenea

Reaction score
Hi folks-

Just wanted to drop by to say a quick hello and share a handful of photos. The oncologist finally cleared be to get back to being a little bit more active and allowed me to get horseback (he did make an awfully big deal about being overly careful, wearing head protection, etc.) Anyway. over the Thanksgiving weekend I got the opportunity to ride for the first time in over a year, and was blessed to be able to spend two mornings horseback, including one in the company of all three of my children. God is good!

And, the weekend also provided me with the opportunity to get my grubby little paws on new pictures of some of the horses, which as some of you know, I like to share.

Our gray Skipper bred stallion is now looking the part. He's turned into a really nice saddle horse with a great disposition and can really travel. We're pretty pleased with his babies, as well, particularly those out of our homebred mares, and are looking forward to his babies this spring and, God willing, putting some more mares under him.

Here he is on Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) on his way to getting tacked up:

2012-11-24+12.42.08.jpg

And a couple of shots of him under saddle (that's my father in law in the saddle... ).

2012-11-23+08.44.24.jpg

2012-11-23+08.43.59.jpg

Here he is at a little break we took about an hour into the ride. The gray and the bay (the two on the ends) are studs. The paint and the sorrel are mares. I was riding another mare. We've been lucky to have good tempered stallions that can go out and ride both with mares and other stallions without making a big deal out of it.

2012-11-23+09.26.50.jpg

This is the last horse baby of this year, born late in the year (September); he is out of a mare we raised by the big Jackie Bee/Impressive bred stallion and a mare that was high point halter mare in Arizona as a yearling. He is shedding out really dark; we aren't sure yet whether he'll be black or seal brown, or if he'll turn gray (both his sire and dam are grays).

2012-11-22+09.40.34.jpg

Another 2012 baby out of a mare we raised; the dam is by our son of Coosa and out of a race and work bred mare:

2012-11-22+09.25.24.jpg

This palomino is a yearling stud colt out of a mare we bought in Mississippi. The Skipper breeders love the breeding of his dam. We've kept him a stud and hope to sell him as a stud prospect.

2012-11-24+08.56.51.jpg

I hate it when you post pictures. I always end up drooling on my keyboard!!!

I'm happy to see you back in the saddle again!!

Nice horses!! Gee, I do like those flea-bitten grays. I don't care so
much for a gray horse because of color, but I notice the flea-bitten ones.
Seems they tend to be good horses, too.
He's a great-looking stallion. iMO

Thanks for the pictures. Keep 'em coming!

Latest posts