• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Photo Contest for Feb.4-10

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I'm not sure what is going on with the photo contest. I sent Chickshunt2 a
message that the photos were'nt posted and I have heard nothing from her.
I looked and it is Feb. 18-26 that she planned to be gone......guess we'll just
have to wait and see. We will run the Old Buildings again this week so we
can see the photos, hopefully.

I did notice there were some votes........can anyone see the photos? I can't!

Thanks for your patience..... :?

I have been unable to see the photos, and i asked the moderator and he can't see them and has no idea what is going on.
JD Balerman

Hi All! I left a post in the contest thread but I thought I'd leave one here too. I had no idea we had an issue with the pics I'm sorry. I lost internet shortly after posting them, some workers dug up some lines and poof no net. Then we had a storm blow through and knock out power....I finally have both back today and I came to post the winner but found out there was an issue with the pics! They showed up fine when I posted them ( I always check to be sure I did everything right) And some folks had voted so please go to the new thread and revote!

I did find out what caused the issue so it wont happen again! My photobucket ( the place online where I have to store the pics so I can post them) was getting a bit messy so I thought I would clean things up and make a few folders based on each contest, old building pics into one, drifts into another,etc. I had some free time while I was at work where they had power and internet I moved some pics around without even thinking that doing so would change 'where' they are in computer land thus changing the code text used on the forum to make them show up. So in making my photobucket a tidy bucket I made the forum think the pics had been deleted. SORRY :oops: Somedays I wonder if I'll ever get the hang of all this computer stuff and how it all works together.

Chicks if you get that Photobucket thing figured out let me know. :oops:

I tried to move some picture to different albums and they disappeared from where I had them posted. :?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Chicks if you get that Photobucket thing figured out let me know. :oops:

I tried to move some picture to different albums and they disappeared from where I had them posted. :?

By doing the very same thing, I lost the first 500 photos that I had located to Photo Buckets. You need to leave the photos right where they are, because that is the only way they can be downloaded on this or any other site. To add new photos, you need to "add an album," and start over on a fresh clean page with the new photographs.

Soapweed is right, once you 'post' a pic via the link photobucket assigns to said pic. If you move said pic you 'break' the link thus causing the 'deleted' pic box to show up on any site you had 'posted' that pic on. It really is a pain in the tush. If you need to tidy your bucket either make a new album and COPY the wanted photos to it or make a new photobucket account and set up different albums then copy the pics into 'their' albums. BUT remember to not remove them from the 'old' album or everything you have ever posted/linked to online will be gone from site of everyone else.

OldDog/NewTricks said:
Look Good to me!
GET A MAC! :)

I wanna BIG Mac....but only if your buyin...ouch for the price tag on the high end Macbooks...ouch ouch ouch....even looking at them makes my eyeballs tear up.

Latest posts