• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Horse Chicropractor?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Do any of you use one? We have for the last 10 or so years, with varying degrees of success. The last trip to one was a couple weeks ago, after my Frog horse decided to buck me off in the branding pen. I probably could have ridden him, but he waited until I was stood up, trying to get a calf under control, and cut loose. I was way outa kilter, and it looked easier to just eject and start over.
He had been "crow hopping" every time I would kick him into a lope, for the last year or so, but never anything serious. This last little deal in the branding pen wasn't all that serious either, but came totally unexpected.
Anyway, I had him adjusted. Let him sit a week or so, then have been letting my 11 year old grandson ride him. Kyle isn't much of a rider, and Frog makes him work at it, but they have gotten along fairly well. Yesterday, I had a calf I needed to doctor, and while I could have done it on the 5 year old I have been riding, he is a bit more high strung, and would have stirred up the cattle some. I chose to ride Frog, and he did perfect!! Walked in amongst the bunch of cows. Found the calf, and I got lucky and caught it on the first throw. Never once got out of a walk. Drug the calf out in the open, stepped off and doctored it, while Frog kept the rope tight, atleast until I had the calf down. Then he decided there was some nice grass in front of him. :?
Long story to say that I was ready to ship the horse off, 'cause he bucked about everytime I got on him. I think his back had been out for over a year. Yesterday, he sure seemed like he felt good!

Neighbor had one look at his race horse. Fixed him up and made a big difference in about 10 seconds. Something in his shoulder and the horse's demeanor changed, likely due to ending his chronic discomfort.

We've used chiropractic on dogs and horses for years. The trick is finding a good chiropractor. Usually when a good horse starts bucking 'for no reason' there is a reason and it's that they hurt somewhere. Glad you got yours to a good chiropractor and everything ended well.

Some vets are incorporating chiropractor work into their services.

Faster horses said:
We've used chiropractic on dogs and horses for years. The trick is finding a good chiropractor. Usually when a good horse starts bucking 'for no reason' there is a reason and it's that they hurt somewhere. Glad you got yours to a good chiropractor and everything ended well.

Some vets are incorporating chiropractor work into their services.[/quote

Best 2 we have ever used were both vets. Guy down at Gothenburg uses a lot of acupuncture along with it, and that really helped. The first one I used was out of Washington KS, and he was awesome!! My old grey horse would start licking his lips as soon as we unloaded him there.
Some vets don't believe in it at all. My brother is a vet back in Connecticut. Pretty much equine only, and says its all a bunch of hooey. :wink:

We have used several over quite a few years, with varying results......but other than reaction of the horse, not sure how one decides what results are.

At least one was a 'people' chiropractor.....and he helped me a time or two, so who knows about the horses????

Apparent results on each horse seem to be the only way to tell, far as I can see.

mrj

Latest posts