• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northwest Nebraska Banks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
Well, it's pretty much official....the boy will be attending Chadron State College in the fall. We'll be going back for another visit February 16. Our little bank here was family owned for about 125 years, but sold out to a bigger bank a year and a half ago. For customers, the change wasn't necessarily for the better. I have my main account still at home, but the wife & I also have an account at Wells Fargo. Let me be clear. I hate my little hometown bank since it changed hands...but I really, REALLY hate Wells Fargo. But that's my wife's deal. I've been looking online at the banks in Chadron to set up an account for the boy, and they all look about the same. Any members here from that neck of the woods have any preference or recommendations? Horror stories? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would recommend farmers state bank, We just moved there from another bank that somewhat changed hands and got to be disagreeable, beside the folks at farmers state have been after us for sometime so thought the time was right.

I use security first bank. They have a branch in Chadron.
I don't have loans with them.

can't say i have any gripes with them.

Made the trip up there on Sunday and got back about 8:00 last night. We left a little early due to the weather & not knowing just what we might be encountering on the way home. Didn't take the time to stop at any of the banks yesterday, but the kid seems to think Bank of the West is probably the route for him to go with. They seem to be offering some good deals for students. Their nearest branch is 70 miles from us, but I guess it doesn't matter. Back in the good old days when banks fought for your business, my Mom opened up accounts at banks in towns she'd never been to. You can still do a lot with a phone and the mail, not to mention the internet.

Was the Best Western in Chadron a year ago? I don't remember it if it was. Looks like there is a fair amount of new things just south of town on 385. I REALLY liked paying $1.849 for gas up there! Cheapest gas of the whole trip. Looks like Cow Country Sales in Hyannis has lots of bumper replacements and CM truck beds for sale. It was a quick but good trip.

Latest posts