• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bryce Canyon Ut and thereabouts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Yes, we are still south. We are headed home and took these photos from Kanab, Ut (great little town) to Bryce Canyon and then on to Green River, Ut. Some were taken as we traveled along, and not the best quality. I did get a smartphone and a tablet, so these were taken with those. I'm in a learning curve, btw. :D

Following cousins--took some like this to show how high and steep the country is. Their trailer on the highway makes it
more relative.

I'm sorry, post image isn't cooperating in allowing me to download. I'll try again later.
The trip has been interesting so far, but I'm ready to get home.

We are headed home. We plan to stop at Rock Springs and visit family there tomorrow, then Sunday looks okay to make the last leg of the journey home. From the rest of the week on, it's winter there. So if we don't make it Sunday, then we will be days out. Brother in law works for WYODOT and he gave me a website to check the road and travel conditions. We'll be watching that closely Sunday morning.

FWIW we haven't been in any rain since we left. It's DRY in AZ and Utah. It's being said the desert might not even bloom this year. :(

Happy Easter everyone!!

Keep the photos coming! It's wonderful the two of you could take the winter off!

Well shoot! If I'd known ya'll were gonna be that close, I'd ran down there and bought ya lunch. :cry2:
You were just a hop, skip and 180 miles of jumps away. Which is close in our country. Glad you have had an enjoyable get away. Safe travels to ya as you head for home. And your right, its dry. We could sure use some rain.

leanin' H said:
Well shoot! If I'd known ya'll were gonna be that close, I'd ran down there and bought ya lunch. :cry2:
You were just a hop, skip and 180 miles of jumps away. Which is close in our country. Glad you have had an enjoyable get away. Safe travels to ya as you head for home. And your right, its dry. We could sure use some rain.

I thought of you, didn't have a phone number and internet service was few and far between. We know someone who is very familiar
with Brown's Park and we plan to go there sometime in the future. How far are you from there? PM me your phone number so I will have it, if you would please.

I'll post more pictures now that we are home. The roads home were all good and we went over two mountain passes in Wyoming. South Pass and Powder River Pass. South Pass was wet, Powder River Pass was dry. Not a lot of snow up there, especially when the lower elevation has had a bunch. Snowing now and we are lovin' it. :D

In the meantime, we are unpacking the travel trailer. It's overwhelming. Did not realize we had taken so much stuff. Of course, we
bought a few things, too. :D

Hope all is well with everyone. Spring is coming!!

MikeBo said:
jodywy said:
My Great Grand Father homesteaded in bottom of Zions Canyon

Very cool, what year was that?
Heaps Canyon via Phantom Valley
William Heap, John Rolf and Isaac Behunin were the first European settlers in upper Zion Canyon . In 1863, Isaac Behunin built a cabin near the current location of Zion Lodge and established a farm. The cabin was used to tend fields on a seasonal basis. Heap and Rolf moved in a few years later, Heap establishing his cabin and farm west of the river, north of the Emerald Pool stream.
The three settlers agreed on the name Zion - the place of refuge. Isaac Behunin had been with the Mormon pioneers since they had left New York , had helped build the Kirtland Temple , and survived the numerous persecutions of the Saints. At last he had found a place to live his life in peace - Zion .
Heaps can be approached either from the Valley Floor via the West Rim Trail, or from Lava Point. Both approaches take about 4 hours, but the Lava Point approach uses considerably less energy than climbing 3000 feet (900m) from the valley floor. First descent October 1982, Norman Harding and Royce D. Trapier.
From Lava Point:

Latest posts