• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

100 DEGREES,LIL TOO HOT TO HAUL HAY,SO BOUT NAP TIME

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

Last load for today,after 12 o clock it just gets too hot,I think I will take a lil nap :wink: .....................good luck

Mine might set awhile until it cools down or we get some rain- don't need to be off until Nov., when we move the cows in to graze....

I'm probably gonna follow your lead and do the same, Haymaker... I was up all night scouting for fires- and could use a nap...

We are only predicted to get to a cool 95 today- but they are predicting 25- 40 mph winds that are not going to help those firefighters on the Missouri... :roll: :(

Pleasant Dreams!!

Surely you got sudan growing?

That's what this cut was . sudan grass/bermuda....it grows when nothing else will.

kolanuraven said:
Surely you got sudan growing?

That's what this cut was . sudan grass/bermuda....it grows when nothing else will.

Yesterday and Sat afternoon was the first rain we have had since the first of May. Just over 2" since Feb. There is no hay anywhere here. None.

The Sudan died. My pearl millet is still growing only because I can irrigate it.

Pearl millet, sudex and sudan can generally grow if they get some moisture... The key word is some... Stuff won't even germinate very good around here right now. Have some coming up that we put down but man oh man, if we can get an inch of rain on it that stuff will explode. Always love Pearl.. Never seams to do much and than one day you wake up and look at and it is 3 feet tall. Nect morning it is 6 feet tall.

We turned cows out in a bunch of Sudex a few years back. Stuff was 7 feet tall, didn't see the cows for a week or so unlss they were watering. Looking down from the barn it looked like a maze with all the cow paths. Took them all off after they grazed it to the ground and the stuff grew back pretty darn good. IF we had given it a shot of nitro I bet it would have been 4 feet by the time we turned the cows out on it again... I think that was the last year we had normal precip.

Yeap I agree, too hot durin the middle of the day to be outside doin much of anythang. Took Lil Lilly to work this mornin, got home around 12:30 or so.....decided those peas and tomatos sittin on my cabinet were bout all I could do durin the heat of the day. So I shelled peas while water was boilin to scald the tomatos, got them on to cook, with a few jalapeno's onions, and garlic, put up 12 pints of Picante Sauce. Then after I got that done, I left to go shread for a couple hours. Quit about 7 and back home. Mr Lilly was cookin steaks on the grill, and Lil Lilly was peelin taters. Busy day, but was nice to come home to that.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap I agree, too hot durin the middle of the day to be outside doin much of anythang. Took Lil Lilly to work this mornin, got home around 12:30 or so.....decided those peas and tomatos sittin on my cabinet were bout all I could do durin the heat of the day. So I shelled peas while water was boilin to scald the tomatos, got them on to cook, with a few jalapeno's onions, and garlic, put up 12 pints of Picante Sauce. Then after I got that done, I left to go shread for a couple hours. Quit about 7 and back home. Mr Lilly was cookin steaks on the grill, and Lil Lilly was peelin taters. Busy day, but was nice to come home to that.

Sounds like you had a busy day too Lilly,its way to hot out there after 12 to be shreddin or haulin hay,them ole open stationed tractors dont give much shade LOL..........good luck & good nite
PS I think you deserved that big ole steak,a hard workin woman like you has ta keep her strength up LOl :wink:

Wooo I just checked the weather, we've cooled off a whole bunch compared to this time last night. it's 85 out now, last night at 11 pm it was 97 degrees. Plus tomorrow 30% chance of rain, same for tomorrow night, then 20 % Thursday and 50% Thursday night........ok...I'm keepin my fingers and toes crossed!!!!! I'd bout give up on checkin the weather....

Latest posts