• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

35 acre subdivisions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
big ranch being developed before the 140-acre rule here in Crook Coiunty, 35 acre lots 500 feet wide and 6/10 of a mile deep, with a county road entrance ever 1000 feet for 2 lots, there is elk in that area as other wildlife. In Wyoming subdivision above 35 acres are exempt from county planning, Counties can now move that up to 140 acres, which our county it will take effect Dec 1st.

Houses, the LAST crop you'll ever plant. Makes me sick. Utah has never turned down a building permit , EVER. It's complete recklessness.
I moved from the land of Subdivision, our best hope here is water, good water is hard to find and can be very deep, we buy drinking water, a couple good hard winters would help slow things too. Get any Elk H?

Sad to see this happening. It brings in the recreational horse folks with big money. Expensive houses are built and more ranch land is gone forever. I think even 140 is too small since the price per acre is going to be high, raise taxes and not much chance anyone could even break even from ranching or farming it. I see all this subdividing of ranch land as an invitation to bring in the wealthy or keep the next generation in debt for life.

Also sad that the big ranches around here are so high priced that they are bought by corporations many funded by Chinese investors.

Sad to see this happening. It brings in the recreational horse folks with big money. Expensive houses are built and more ranch land is gone forever. I think even 140 is too small since the price per acre is going to be high, raise taxes and not much chance anyone could even break even from ranching or farming it. I see all this subdividing of ranch land as an invitation to bring in the wealthy or keep the next generation in debt for life.

Also sad that the big ranches around here are so high priced that they are bought by corporations many funded by Chinese investors.
there is areas where 640 are too small of a subdivision

I lived for years almost exactly half way between Seattle and Portland. I remember my Dad saying one day it would just be one big city from north of Seattle to south of Portland. It is not far from that right now. The sleepy little farm town I moved to in 1979 is now a bedroom community for Olympia and parts north. We joked that you could drive to the grocery store and on the way home there would be a house where a cow stood earlier in the day. Stay too long in the produce section of the store and there would be kids playing in the yard.

Up here in the far north things are changing also! In Anchorage it looks like Seattle without swimming pools from the air:) Here in the "real Alaska" Fairbanks is a lot diff, to hot in summer and to cold and dark in winter, sorta keeps the weaklings outa here.

Up here in the far north things are changing also! In Anchorage it looks like Seattle without swimming pools from the air:) Here in the "real Alaska" Fairbanks is a lot diff, to hot in summer and to cold and dark in winter, sorta keeps the weaklings outa here.
Something about mother nature culling the herd that is beautiful. :)

We used to have them in Central Point, Oregon back in the 30's & 40:s most lived on skidrow in Medford. The natives show up dead after breakup, froze to death and folks can't find cuz of the snow

Our Alberta Advantage is shot to hell. Economy so wrecked a lot of people stuck in towns. So with grass fires taking out older acreages and building regulations being what they are. Most new construction is big castle's.
Different rural groups of people who dont seem to have much trust, use or love for each other. Its not like little house on the prairie, I can promise you that.
I'm old and wore out determined to hang on to what I have. If I was younger I would head out to remotest part of Saskatchewan.

long gone Saskatchewan, corb Lund song makes more sence all the time
So I went on Spotify and looked up that song. Its actually a really good song. Smile
I'm surprised because its new with a young person singing. He has another song ive heard call cows around which isnt to bad.
We are so over regulated now. People are different. Culture has changed.

So I went on Spotify and looked up that song. Its actually a really good song. Smile
I'm surprised because its new with a young person singing. He has another song ive heard call cows around which isnt to bad.
We are so over regulated now. People are different. Culture has changed.
roughest neck around about the oil field is a good song too as the Chevy got stuck. I kind of feel with Long Gone Saskatchewan, moving from blue and rough grouse to sharp tails and turkeys , from my mountains to hills and prairies.

Latest posts