• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

$45,000 dog

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I was down at Bert's corral yesterday. He said that his dog's mother sold for $45,000 at Red Bluff. He figured that makes Griz worth at least half of that. So I looked up Red Bluff sale results. Sure enough Skittles brought $45,000 at the dog sale. My luck if I spent $45 on a dog it would get run over by a car the next day.

One day last summer Griz showed up at my house. That is 3 miles from his home. I captured him and put him in the dog kennel. I called Bert. It turned out that he was out of town. In fact out of state. And the hired man was supposed to be taking care of the dogs. I called the hired man and left a message. About dark I decided to load Griz in the pickup and take him home. He thought getting in the pickup was a great idea. He wasn't thrilled about the idea of getting out of the pickup once at home. Turned out he had been to a couple other neighbors a day or two earlier. Bert was gone and he got bored at home. Decided to go visit the neighbors.

Latest posts