• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Baker City Mayor will run for Governor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
Baker City mayor Kerry McQuisten announced she will run for Oregon governor in 2022. She comes from a cattle ranch family in the Burnt River area and would certainly stop the war against Eastern Oregon started by cattle hating Kate. I am not sure she can even win the GOP primaries, but glad to see her give it a go.

It will depend on how she can do on the west side other than the Portland area. But things are stacked against her. Clackamas, Multonmah, and Washington counties make up the greater Portland area. It is an area a little smaller than Baker County. She will do well in Baker. But the greater Portland area has 1,641,036 people as apposed to Baker which has about 16,000. I did notice watching the St Paul rodeo last night that the stands were packed. That is only 30 miles from Portland. The announcer asked how many people are from Portland. There was a pause and then the announcer said I guess they are afraid to admit it. There is a lot of western Oregon that is not Portland and Kate is not popular there too.

Latest posts