• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bale probes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
What kind of bale moisture testers do you guys use, and are you happy with it? We had a John Deere and liked it, but it is having issues now.

Nicky said:
What kind of bale moisture testers do you guys use, and are you happy with it? We had a John Deere and liked it, but it is having issues now.
What kind of issues? Does it have a fresh battery, and doesn't it use a little rectangular 9 volt?

Has a new battery, doesn't seem to be reading accurately. Baler will say the moisture is fine and it will read super high. Borrowed the neighbors and it agreed with the baler.

Most of your bale probes are made by farm ex. I had a John Deere, it died. Now I have a Case IH. Look around you will find the exact same thing with a Farm Ex lable where it says deere or Case IH.

I guess other than that, my first one was a two piece set up with a telephone cord type set up between the probe and the read out. The cord went bad. I now have one with the probe attached right to the read out part. I like it better.

AC Diesel said:
I know two people who are having problems with their baler monitor reading 5 points drier than their probes.
Really? Big square or round bale?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Maybe take the battery out for 5 minutes :wink: :wink:

Never know, :D :D

Just remember you heard it here first. :) :) :cowboy:

Ha, aren't you funny :D

Some balers only measure the top of the swath. The top can be much drier than the bottom, especially if the hay is not cured yet'
JD

We wouldn't trade our round baler! Got another John Deere probe, left our old one to see if they can fix it.

Latest posts