• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Bubba"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I know that if you have read many of my postings you will know I raise registered Charlois but even if I was a herford man I would have to admit Bubba would be a great addition to many of the herds around here.
I know most of you would laugh at my style of raising cattle as I only own 300 acres and row crop 1,500 acres and normally have less than 100 cows but around here that is getting to be a large cattle operation. When I came home from the Marines in 1971every farm around had a few cows - - - now all of the fences are gone and most of the the fields are farmed right up to the blacktop. I know this is supposed to be progress but I hate seeing fields with a 5% or greater slope being in row crops - - it seems that with minium tillage eroision is not as bad as it could be but we still nave to reopen roadside ditches about every three years. Did not have to do that but about every 10 years or so when the marginal fields had cows on them!

George said:
I know that if you have read many of my postings you will know I raise registered Charlois but even if I was a herford man I would have to admit Bubba would be a great addition to many of the herds around here.
I know most of you would laugh at my style of raising cattle as I only own 300 acres and row crop 1,500 acres and normally have less than 100 cows but around here that is getting to be a large cattle operation. When I came home from the Marines in 1971every farm around had a few cows - - - now all of the fences are gone and most of the the fields are farmed right up to the blacktop. I know this is supposed to be progress but I hate seeing fields with a 5% or greater slope being in row crops - - it seems that with minium tillage eroision is not as bad as it could be but we still nave to reopen roadside ditches about every three years. Did not have to do that but about every 10 years or so when the marginal fields had cows on them!

I have never bred a cow. I would like to breed yours. Come get me.
signed: Bubba

:D Dear Bubba,

We would love it if you came for a visit but the guy who takes care of us is bringing a Black bull this year - - - mabey if we run him off he will let you come, we're sure you would love our cooler Indiana summers. :wink:

Signed, :oops: The girls :D

George said:
:D Dear Bubba,

We would love it if you came for a visit but the guy who takes care of us is bringing a Black bull this year - - - mabey if we run him off he will let you come, we're sure you would love our cooler Indiana summers. :wink:

Signed, :oops: The girls :D

Dear Girls,
The man who takes care of me is not into the "diversity" thing. Forget it! He'll find me some "nice" girls to mate with!

signed; Bubba :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts