• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Calving and Lambing Fertile Wet Moon

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
One of my grandmas always said that the eastern risen early morning fertile wet moon was the best for calving or lambing. This morning I got up at my usual 3 AM and my workout was finished by 4 AM when my eyes caught sight of this moon. I thought of all of you that might have calves or lambs coming today and hoped this moon will make all those births problem free.

I hear those shoulder-length gloves are getting spendy, but they sure beat trimming and cleaning fingernails and cleaning your hand and arm with Everclear. Hopefully, those gloves will remain in the box they came in this season and your Everclear will stay capped.

The 4 AM waning crescent moon looking east.
New Image.jpg

Last edited:
Had shoulder surgery years ago, about 10-15 years later, lot of those burrs had grown back was shoulder deep in a cow and then it sounded like ripping a shirt as the burrs cut thru tendons and muscle. Got the calf out. Later that summer two surgeries. they couldn't really fix much. Had the left worked on after the first right and before then number two. Now bone on bone, thinking about getting a reversal on each side.......

Latest posts