• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crop and chopping photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
Pretty amazing what rain and sun can do for a crop. Check out these photos that show the crops 1 week apart.

Here is our field of sorgum on July 15

Here it is again 1 week later

Our silage corn on July 15

here it is again 1 week later

We chopped oats this week. Here are some photos. It might not be the biggest yield we have put up, but I think it is the best quality we have put in a pile and maybe the most oats as well.

Brent packing
Brent_Packing_2_resized.jpg
[/url]

My packing machine

That's pretty incredible growth on that sorghum. I've never seen that grown up here (probably because it can't be ), is there a lot of inputs on that crop?
Thanks for the pics!

Silver said:
That's pretty incredible growth on that sorghum. I've never seen that grown up here (probably because it can't be ), is there a lot of inputs on that crop?
Thanks for the pics!

What we did was take a crop off of a poor producing field of grass/alfalfa first (Mid/late June), sprayed it to kill it out, and then planted it back right away. The only other expense we have in it is the fertilizer we put on the hay field in May. Pretty cheap crop if it rains. It takes a lot of moisture to get a good one, but it is tough and can burn real bad and look terrible, but if it rains it will come out of it and grow like crazy.

Faster horses said:
That's an impressive operation you have going on!
The one-week growth is unbelievable!! We've always heard that at times you can hear corn grow-but having never been around it, didn't realize it was a true statement. :p :)
Thanks for the pictures.

If you can hear the corn grow it is lacking in copper and you will suffer a yield loss - - - many do not test for "trace elements" and just never get top yields.

Much like many don't feed mineral and are just satisfied with the beef they raise

George said:
Faster horses said:
That's an impressive operation you have going on!
The one-week growth is unbelievable!! We've always heard that at times you can hear corn grow-but having never been around it, didn't realize it was a true statement. :p :)
Thanks for the pictures.

If you can hear the corn grow it is lacking in copper and you will suffer a yield loss - - - many do not test for "trace elements" and just never get top yields.

Much like many don't feed mineral and are just satisfied with the beef they raise

Wow, when you hear corn grow, it lacks copper??? I had no idea. :oops: I wasn't knocking BRG's corn, I hope he knows my post was meant as a compliment.

Thanks for the info George.

No worries FH, pretty sure it isn't lacking anything. Ground was tested and the correct fertilzer was applied. The conditions have been perfect, anyone can look like a good farmer this year.

Latest posts