• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Denny, fertilizer ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I called yesterday and it's $440 a ton 1/3 potash 1/3 amoniam sulfate and 1/3 urea we are planning on spreading on some low ground and this is what they recomend for that and our high ground as we need to lighten the loads before we go on the meadows. Planning on 150#s to the acre. We've used Amonium Sulfate (AMS) straight a few years which is basically nitrogen and have had good results at a minimal cost.

Thanks Denny, I have 3000 gallons of Agro Culture liquid.Its a blend of 2 gal on Phos and 5 gal of Nitrogen for a total of 7 gal/acre.
Never done it before but these old hay fields need some help and breaking them and reseeding is costly and it can take awhile to get a good catch in this dry country. Hope it works.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks Denny, I have 3000 gallons of Agro Culture liquid.Its a blend of 2 gal on Phos and 5 gal of Nitrogen for a total of 7 gal/acre.
Never done it before but these old hay fields need some help and breaking them and reseeding is costly and it can take awhile to get a good catch in this dry country. Hope it works.

That's a good company with good products imo.

Am sulfate is 21-0-0, urea is 46-0-0. We've used a blend of both named super kicker with an analysis of 33.5-0-0. It's in the $350 range.

4Diamond said:
Am sulfate is 21-0-0, urea is 46-0-0. We've used a blend of both named super kicker with an analysis of 33.5-0-0. It's in the $350 range.

I should price it that way but I'm sure they'll blame it on freight.

Take a soil sample. Can save you lot's of money. The old school rule is to apply 50 lbs. of potash (K) for every ton of hay removed. Nitrate (N) as needed for top growth, but it only lasts for about 60 days. Just remember top growth is always at the expense of the roots and potash is mainly for building a strong root system.

Almost forgot, (N) on your hay ground = protein in your hay.

I'm planting soybeans on my best hay field this year and back to alfalfa next year - - - soil test every 2 acres and put on everything needed - - - it does not cost it pays - - - call it return on investment!

Latest posts