• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

'H did you see this?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
This was on facebook and I thought of you and wondered if you had seen it. What a tribute to our fallen heroes.
Earlier today we went to a little small town rodeo here in Utah. When the announcer said they were going to do something special I wasn't sure what was planned. Everybody stood and took off their hats and looked towards the entrance of the arena, where 13 saddled horses came in one by one. On the saddle there was an American flag. In the stirrups, a pair of boots. Each horse was meant to represent one of the 13 service members killed in Kabul. I'm not going to talk about my thoughts on the administration and people responsible, rather the experience had by those in attendance earlier today.
For a few minutes everybody stood. Everybody reflected. Some had tears in their eyes, some openly sobbed. For a few minutes, everybody was united.
If you've turned on the news anytime recently, unity isn't something you've probably felt after turning off the program. Being together, united, was a great feeling, in a sad circumstance.
#together #unity #rodeo #family #afghanistan #soilders #hope #horsesofinstagram #america #americanflag #laborday

I saw that. Interesting the thoughts on unity. The last several weeks our pastor has been talking about unity and our need for it.

I hadn't saw that FH. Thanks for sharing it. A few bars reserved a corner table and places 13 beers on it in memorial of those same hero's. One bar raises over $10000 for wounded warrior project doing something similar.

Latest posts