• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help!--- Buying a used bale processor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redbull

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm looking to buy a used Highline 6600 bale processor thats approximately 12 years old. Seems to be in good shape. Any thoughts on what it may be worth? Is a person better off buying new and avoiding repairs... Thanks in advance.

redbull said:
Greetings,

I'm looking to buy a used Highline 6600 bale processor thats approximately 12 years old. Seems to be in good shape. Any thoughts on what it may be worth? Is a person better off buying new and avoiding repairs... Thanks in advance.

Red Bull if you hit search and type in Bale Processors you should find some links and opinions of many different kinds of bale processors.

Sorry I don't know what a good price is on the one you are looking at. We have a Vermeer, and it seems to be pretty good.

I hope the search helps.

have a cold one

lazy ace

IMHO if bale shredders are used alot by the time they are 12 years old they are likely getting to the point of needing repairs. WE use our bale King alot and I know how things are wearing on it. I would suggest you have a look at the cheaper model Hyline bale shredder. Im thinking they run about $9000 up here in Canada. I know one thing I wouldnt be without a bale shredder sure saves a lot of time and straw!!! Plus I dont wear out any pitchfork handles now... :)

I have a Case 1460. I bought it two years ago it was four years old . It cost $5700. It works great!

Be careful with the Highline 6600. They had unusually small chambers and often times wouldn't turn a full 5x6 hardcore bale. The 7700 and ups were able to make use of any size, any weight bale.

Rod

don't know where you are located, but here's a good site to kind of give you a feel on what equipment is worth. www.tractorhouse.com they currently have a 1997 model at $7,995 and a 1996 priced at 8,000 Canadian dollars or $7,571 US Dollars.

Latest posts