• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hey haymaker!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher's wife--would you share the butter/sugar proportions that need to be creamed together, then the flour?

it sounds close to what Cait used last night, but hers had oatmeal, too.

here it is, and if i'm breking copyfightlaws, well, i guess haymaker (or someone), can sue me :lol:

mix together:
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter (room temp)
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg

peel, thinly slice 4 cups tart apples; spread in greased 8" square or 9" round pan. sprinkle topping over, bake at 375 F 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and the apples are tender.

Serve with thick cream or ice cream. ENJOY!!!!!!

Faster horses said:
One of my goals in life was to have my own apple tree. I'm 60 and haven't even LIVED close to one! (sigh)

My little sister retired down very close to where Haymaker lives- she comments all the time about her peach, apple, and pecan trees- plus a few more varieties... Even sends me cans of pecans regularly-- has tried to convince me to move down there and run a few horses and cows with her and her husband- run 10 times the cows you can on an acre here- cure my arthritis, she says.... All it takes is for me to see the hustle and bustle of all the people moving in and already down there, and I decide to stay here-- even with all the investors and hunting folk buying up the land around here its going to take years before many want to actually live here....I still kind of like driving 20-30 miles without seeing a place in the few areas left....

reader (the Second) said:
The asparagus are looking good. I almost bought some this week.

I LOVE apple crisp. Can you either share recipe or recommend good frozen brand? I love crisps in general - blackberry is wonderful when I'm at my mom's and picking them fresh.

Look on the recipe thread started some time ago. There is a wonderful crisp (fruit crunch) recipe on there. Works for any type of fruit. Hope this helps.

Latest posts