• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Horses and hurts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Always amazes me, that when a person gets hurt, around a horse how everyone assumes its the horses fault. Monday, we weaned calves here at home. I was on my Oscar horse. Only the second time I had ever had him in the corral to sort with. The cows weren't filing out the gate the way I THOUGHT they should. In my frustration, I swatted Oscar on the butt with my reins. He left, I didn't. He was doing what I ask, and I fell off. In the process, I landed on my left shoulder. Broke my collar bone, 3 ribs in front, and 4 in back. The ones in back are painful.

Isn't it hell to get old :D hope you heal up fast broken ribs are the worst thing to break. I do have one question though did you get back on and finish sorting or did you tap out.

cure said:
Isn't it hell to get old :D hope you heal up fast broken ribs are the worst thing to break. I do have one question though did you get back on and finish sorting or did you tap out.

I tapped out. I'm pretty much a pansy when it comes to pain.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, LazyWP. Hope you mend up quick and if there's something I can do from 2000 miles away, not sure what, but just lemme know.

Lane broke his wrist a couple weeks ago falling off a horse they were screwing around riding double when he got bounced off I watched it happen. He was whineing and crying and I told him it was just a bad sprain and tough it out. He did but the next day it was worse. Deb took him in and its a crushing fracture just behind his wrist. Darn Kids. All my broken bones in my lifetime have had a horse involved and every time it was owner error that led up to the broken bones.

As I've been told before, It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'.

Hope you heal up fast WP.

Next time take a deeper seat when you tell that pony to change address. :wink: :D

Latest posts