• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Huge loss in our small community

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
Back when Covid first hit the neighbor and I were counting up the people met the criteria for high risk. It came up to slightly over 20 people. Well no one here died of covid. There were cases but everyone survived. This last year we lost 3 older ladies. Mainly of old age health conditions. The shocker is we lost 2 healthy ranchers in their early 60's. Nobody would have ever put either one on a list of at risk people. Lost one back in November and the other this week. Leave a big hole in the community. I think people are still in shock. I know I am.

I care for our little town cemetery. And it's sure brought me a closeness with those folks who've passed on. I think most folks in small, rural areas are more closely connected. And it does really hurt to lose those amazing friends and neighbors. I'm sorry y'all have lost some good ones Webby. Thinking of y'all

Dewart Thompson. It was a heart attack. His daughter and a neighbor were there when he collapsed. Started CPR right away. Loaded him into a helicopter to life flight to Boise, but he didn't make it.
Very sorry to hear this. Strange that two men in their early 60s had heart attacks within a few months. I can't imagine why, other than coincidence. My condolences to the family and community.

That's a sad deal. You just never know I guess. My son's mother (my ex )died a few days ago. Took less than two weeks from the time they diagnosed brain cancer til it was over. Always a shock. Gotta enjoy our days as best we can.

Very sorry to hear this. Strange that two men in their early 60s had heart attacks within a few months. I can't imagine why, other than coincidence. My condolences to the family and community.
The man who died in November wasn't a heart attack. He died of spinal meningitis. Both went very quickly. I had spoken to both of them just a day or two before they died.

Latest posts