• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

In-Chamber Moisture Testers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had installed an in-chamber bale moisture tester, such as the Farmex BHT-1 ( http://www.farmexecorp.com/farmexelectronics/products/bht1.asp )? Did it work ok for you? Reasonably accurate? Since the weathers been odd this year, with alot of dew come close to sundown, I thought it would be nice to have an on-the-fly readout, versus having to stop and probe.

we run harvest tec monitors on our balers, they read the moisture and deliver a pre determined amount of acid on the hay. we can bale hay upto 30 % moisture and it will keep if we HAVE to, but generally wait until it is 18 % or lower.

I would not bale with out the monitors, especially if you are stacking the hay in barns....one bad bale and a big fire will get awfully expensive

Thanks Jigs. I don't mind the probe, and never worry about spoilage, but a little convenience would be nice. Every now and again you run into a field that dries down uneven, and it would be nice to be able to move around to the dry spots without having to get out of the cab and probe all the time.

Rod

I need a more portable method like that, right now I use 3 things.

1. Digital scale

2. Microwave

3. Calulator

we just baled up an 80 this evening that the moisture monitor proved worth the money. had three strips where it was wetter for some reason, just went around and saved them for last.... knocked out 80 acres of hay in 2 hours....looks really nice.....I am guessing we can get $135 out of it.

Latest posts