• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

John Deere 6E series tractors

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ND Rancher

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the new JDOWNLOADER 6E series tractors? I read that they are made in Mexico.

My wife's uncle has the predecessor D series and really likes it. My JD mechanic neighbour says that the 4 cylinder motors are not as good as the 6 (FWIW). We moved away from a Deere tractor last year (first time in 30+ years) and I will not likely go back.

D's & E's are generally disliked by anyone that's had a 00-20 series Deere. Cheap junk was the way a friend described one to me last week. That was a D.

RSL said:
My wife's uncle has the predecessor D series and really likes it. My JD mechanic neighbour says that the 4 cylinder motors are not as good as the 6 (FWIW). We moved away from a Deere tractor last year (first time in 30+ years) and I will not likely go back.

so what did you go to??

I bought a new Zetor Proxima 120 the end of july it had a 140 hours on it dealer demo $56,000 delivered with loader you guys can have those green ones i got land to buy.

We went to a 714 Fendt. It is older, but... it was still $20,000 cheaper than what our dealer wanted for a Deere with 20 less horsepower and 4000 more hours. It has increased our productivity roughly 20% on every job, including baling and it cut my fuel bill by 50%. I went over my fuel bills multiple times because I did not believe it at first. We have a local independent dealer with good service, so that has not been an issue either. It goes 35mph on the road, and the CVT transmission is a gift from God. I had the chance to drive a new JD R series last fall when I got my truck stuck at Meadow Lake, and it was a pale shadow of my 15 year old Fendt. Can't imagine what a new one would be like, but I might find out in another 15 years!

I had a Valtra tractor I really liked, When I bought it the local dealer said "I'm not going anywhere" then he did, closed up shop and left. The nearest Valtra dealer was 300 miles away so when I heard of a fellow looking for one I traded it for a John Deere 7420 and told the dealer who was looking for it. I now have JD shops all around me if I need parts or service.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I had a Valtra tractor I really liked, When I bought it the local dealer said "I'm not going anywhere" then he did, closed up shop and left. The nearest Valtra dealer was 300 miles away so when I heard of a fellow looking for one I traded it for a John Deere 7420 and told the dealer who was looking for it. I now have JD shops all around me if I need parts or service.

That is so important. It's how we make our choice of tractor to buy. Plus resale on JD's are the best. We only have one big tractor and it's a JD 7520, now 10 years old.

I agree dealer support is a huge factor in buying for me. Around here closest dealers are Deere and NH. Massy Ferguson and Mahindra are close but have a poor dealer IMO.

Latest posts