• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Late March and Early April 2016

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Securing%20cattle%20behind%20shelter_zpsbb9andbt.jpg

Securing cattle behind shelter for an impending snowstorm. The storm really didn't amount to much, but we'd rather prepare unnecessarily than wish we had after it starts snowing and blowing.

Replacement%20yearling%20heifers_zpslqsytwo5.jpg

Replacement yearling heifers being wintered well at a friend's place about 25 miles from our ranch.

Some%20of%20the%20grandkid%20gang_zpsxfrgr6m0.jpg

Some of the grandkid gang

Kids%20feeding%20bucket%20calves_zpsl63l8gse.jpg

Feeding bucket calves

My%20best%20ever%20Scrabble%20score%20and%20best%20bingo%20with%20FLAPERON%20for%20194%20points_zpspo9t6s90.jpg

My all-time best ever Scrabble score. The word FLAPERON for 194 points helped the cause. The word means: an airfoil that functions as a flap and an aileron.

Riderless%20horse%20at%20a%20funeral_zpsshfatl7o.jpg

Riderless horse at the funeral of a longtime friend

Impressive%20military%20rites_zpsxqgkvrak.jpg

The American Legion veterans performed impressive military honors for the departed. They instill a great pride in our privilege of being Americans, and we are very grateful for their efforts and sacrifices.

Hay%20baby_zpsh5hsxxae.jpg

Hay babes

Baby%20sitter%20coming%20to%20check_zpsvcgvbzmb.jpg

Baby sitter coming to check

Rockin%20on%20the%20ridge_zpsxvjgxgxs.jpg

Rockin' on the ridge

Angus%20momma_zpsylj6dhqf.jpg

Just a good old functional ranch cow

Hiding%20in%20the%20grass_zpsbnzbwjyo.jpg

Hiding in the grass

A%20friend%20and%20neighbor_zpsvrs2mx1l.jpg

A friend and neighbor

I%20am%20trying%20hard%20to%20stay%20on%20his%20good%20side_zpseejavrih.jpg

I am trying hard to stay on his good side. :)

We%20are%20proud%20of%20him%20and%20his%20family_zpsac7ty52p.jpg

We are proud of him and his nice young family. They are a valuable addition to our community.

A%20prune%20and%20a%20peach_zps85nrh4ae.jpg

A prune and a peach. Half of this group is halfway across the world right now.

Is%20heading%20off%20into%20the%20wild%20blue%20yonder%20on%20a%20Viking%20cruise%20down%20the%20Rhine%20River%20with%20her%20daughter_zpsvci2evrn.jpg

And in this picture is ready to head off into the wild blue yonder, to go on a Viking cruise down the Rhine River with her daughter.

A%20bunch%20of%20us%20other%20relatives%20are%20staying%20home%20to%20hold%20down%20the%20fort%20and%20keep%20it%20from%20blowing%20away_zpsyohvi4yo.jpg

A bunch of us other relatives are staying home to hold down the fort, and try to keep it from blowing away.

Touche_zpszwlgbmlm.jpg

Touche'.

They'll have an awesome time on that cruise. Not like a big ship with 4,000 people waiting to be processed like livestock. Lots of history and war stories.

Soapweed, you should be an expert on which is the best features of those Rangers! When the talk of getting one of our own gets more serious, we will know where to go for advice.

It will be nice to have your sister nearby to substitute for the 'grandma' of the house while Peach is gone. Bet she enjoys playing with them as much as they enjoy having her, judging by all the smiles.

Just two little 'helpers' create lots of bedlam here, so it must get pretty exciting there at times! Here, we have the grandma, and I'm the great grandma, and we both have to talk pretty fast, and be firm when some of the games get out of hand.......as when playing "Sheriff Calli", and the three year old deputy attempts to 'bring in' the one year old 'little rustler' by securing her with and arm-lock around the neck and dragging her toward the 'jail'. I wasn't present for that one, just discussion after. The grandma had to demonstrate how that action feels to the rustler, and point out that it is NOT an option for control of a 'prisoner', no matter if that IS how the deputy on TV does it!

I'm betting that with all the activity at the Spearhead, it will seem like a flash till Peach is back home again. And that she will be recalling the great memories made with just the two of them experiencing all the new sights and sounds of that trip. Great mother-daughter bonding opportunities just don't happen often enough after they grow up!

mrj

For me, it's chainsaws,.. I've got about a dozen... but it doesn't look like there's much need for them where you are

Nesikep said:
For me, it's chainsaws,.. I've got about a dozen... but it doesn't look like there's much need for them where you are

I too have amassed a respectable sized collection of chainsaws. Many of them will run for a few seconds and then quit. Only one has the trusted status to accompany me on the fenceline :lol:

I picked up an old Husky 35.. it's actually a Frontier saw made in Trail, BC.. it is a perfect little fencing saw.. Then I have all sorts of hot rodded ones that are fun to play with.. A husky 61 that out cuts a 394

We all have a few things we collect

Latest posts