• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Let us all bow our heads as taps are played......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Team Report: Inside Slant

Inside Slant | Notes and Quotes | Strategy and Personnel
It could be that first-year coach Ron Prince's program at Kansas State coach is beginning to unravel.

Two consecutive defeats, including a 17-3 loss at Baylor to begin Big 12 play, have left the Wildcats 3-2 overall and 0-1 in the Big 12. They have also left Prince grasping for answers.
The Kansas State coach announced immediately after the Baylor loss that true freshman Josh Freeman will take over as the starting quarterback. Freeman, who was considered the chosen one after he backed out on Nebraska to commit to Kansas State after Prince was hired, was not informed of the decision before meeting with reporters.

The promotion came after Freeman completed only 11 of 33 passes with three interceptions in his relief role at Baylor. For the season, Freeman is 14-of-47 with four interceptions and no touchdowns.

What could become the biggest concern regarding Freeman's starting job is the additional shots he'll be subjected to behind an inept offensive line. While he might have the body (6-6, 248 pounds) to withstand punishment, Freeman's delicate freshman psyche could be in for a pounding as well.

In all likelihood, Kansas State will continue to shuffle quarterbacks. Freeman might not make out of this season healthy if he doesn't get a break.

Finding plays he can run successfully and the offensive line to allow him to do it will be a huge challenge for Prince as the Wildcats struggle to move the ball, let alone score.

This doesn't seem like the best situation to let a true freshman command, yet there's no doubt Freeman is the quarterback of the future. With this season beginning to look bleak, the decision was made to give him experience.

A A A A A

Matt Boss leaves K-State Football Program

By Kansas State Sports Info

Posted Oct 6, 2006

Kansas State Offensive Lineman Matt Boss has informed the Wildcat Coaching Staff that he no longer wants to play football.

MANHATTAN, Kan. – Head football coach Ron Prince announced Thursday afternoon that sophomore offensive lineman Matt Boss has decided to leave the Kansas State football program.

"Matt expressed to me that he no longer has an interest in playing football or attending Kansas State and has decided to return home," Prince said. "We would have liked to see him stay and at least finish out the academic semester at K-State, but he has opted to do otherwise and we wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors."

Boss, a native of Cherryvale, Kan., who redshirted as a true freshman in 2004, started the opening two games of the 2005 season, but was slowed by an injury vs. North Texas and was able to make just one more appearance – a start at Nebraska in the second-to-last game of the year – the rest of the season.

This season, Boss has appeared in just one game, seeing time as a reserve in K-State's 45-0 win over Florida Atlantic on Sept. 9

Do do do, do do dooooooooooo. doooo doo dooooooooo...... :twisted:

can't say that I agree with some of the moves Prince is making, but I guess we have to put our faith in him.

Freeman will be fried mentally if the o line does not step up and play.

too many guys thinking they will start, because they did last year. Coach has reminded them that with him, they start at the same level and impress HIM to play.

I think he is adjusting the balast, and the ship will right itself.

our top QB for next year is the kid from McCook been following him a bit, sounds like a stud....now a few linemen, and a couple recievers, and it is back to Husker busting......

Jigs if you want to take back that bet I wouldn't mind...There is no fun in a loop-sided win......We can bet on something that is more of equal... I'm afraid your cats need a couple more years to run with the big dogs.... A weak offensive line and a feshman quartrback spells deaster for the mighty red defence....

Latest posts