• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Longer day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We are going hunting cow elk
I do that most every morning. I drive about 3 miles to see if the elk are in Bert's stack yard or under the pivots. That is on the south side of the road. The elk go to the north side to bed down during the day. My tag is good on the south side of the road. Most mornings I drive down there and come back home. I have seen them 3 times but haven't got a shot before they make it to safety.

There is a dead elk in the back of my pickup. Handy to have weight in the pickup this time of year but this is probably more weight than I need. Yearling cow who has been eating alfalfa. Should be good eating.

Some great eating. What time is supper?
Well..... reality is that a good friend from church who is also my mechanic has a tag for this area. He asked if he could hunt and my place. I said hunt all you want but I have never seen an elk on my place. Beings as it is a cow tag I asked if he cared if I shot one. I had a tag for the same area and didn't have room in the freezer for an elk. So I shot it and used my tag. He is butchering it. I told him I could use a package of back strap and a couple roasts. Supper is around 6:00 but it isn't elk for dinner tonight.

Latest posts